Chapter 61- Spy on me?

What could I possibly say to that?

"Endymion...The truth is that your father is at fault...but I also failed...I could not protect those important to me..."I said with watery eyes.

It is true that I couldn't do anything but just watch everything go down hill...

Endymion pulled me in his embrace.

"You shouldn't blame yourself.Can you tell me what happened to them?"he said in a comforting tone.

"Your father ... took me away from my parents...Thankfully they are alive but I can not go back to them now."

"And why is that?"he asked.

"Because...He will go after them!He threatened me and hurt me! I  can magine why everyone is so afraid of him.My friends here hate him and almost hated you too!If I hadn't done something then you would be..."

And because they wouldn't even recongise me anymore...

He smiled gently, looked me in the eyes and gently wiped my tears as if he was stroking my skin.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"I asked out of curiousity.

Endymion shook his head.

"No it is just...that I find you extremely brave and reliable.All that matters now is that you did manage to keep them safe in the end.Moreover..., you also saved me!"he said with determination.

"Endymion-"

Before I could go on he placed his lips on mine.

"hm..."

Oh Endymion...You also saved me...

You saved me.

Our lips parted and a smile formed on both our lips.

"You are right Endymion.I should give myself some credit for what I have accomplished! I shouldn't just look at my failures!I can do anything if I believe in myself!"

He reminded me of the determination that I had  when I agreed to do this mission.

Now I don't have to deal with everything on my own.

I have friends and him...

"Endymion...I love you so much! Thank you for reminding me such an important thing!"

He smiled even brighter.

"You also help me change for the better Rose.Thank you.And I am really sorry for the way that I treated you in the past.Watching how you handle things  makes me want to question many things about myself.My morals, my opinions and my way of thinking are being influenced by you since the day you appeared in front of me.Just like when you tried to stop me from killing that woman and handled her in your own way or when you show me that you are on my side and not against me."

I was deeply moved by his sincere words.

Now that would actually be great for his future.

He would have killed that woman without hesitation if I wasn't there.

Endymion learned that he shouldn't just kill people because they are in his way and that not everyone is his enemy.

I am so proud of him.

"Bravo!That is actually the best thing you can do for yourself .Continue to get influenced by the right people and keep them by your side no matter what. I am very proud of you."I said and giggled.

"And about our past...It is okay!It isn't like you did something horrible to me.You helped me changed for the better too! You reminded me of something importart to me.Thank you Endymion!"

I raised my hand slightly and patted him on the head.

He gently grabbed my hand and placed his lips on the back of it.

That made my heart skip a beat...

"Now I have realised that having someone to protect isn't so bad."

We stared at each other's eyes and held hands.

"We can get rid of master together."I stated.

He smirked.

"Damn the maid is my warrior now huh?Haha!"he said and we both laughed.

"Let's get ready first. We need to make up a plan and save Cain."I said and got up to go grab my clothes.

I picked them up from the nearby chair and started dressing up.

"Hey Rose..."he called out to me.

I quickly turned to look at him after putting on my underwear.

"What is it love?"I asked.

He stood up and came close to me.

Endymion grabbed the clothing that  I was going to wear next.

Wait...Wait a minute...

Now that he is holding the clothing...

"Endymion where are my original clothes? It must have been because I just woke up  that I didn't notice but this is a new maid custome."

"Well I believe this will suit you more."he said pleased.

I quickly grabbed the clothing and wore it on a rush.

"Thank you love but when did you even-?"

Before I could finish he sealed my lips with his finger.

"Sh...It is a secret~"he said and winked.

"Ahah! Thank you! But you should get ready since we need to plan everything before anyone notices me here"I said and went serious.

We got dressed and sat on the edge of the bed.

"So...Tell me what you have in mind."I said curious.

Endymion seemed deep in thought after I asked him.

"I had in mind to kill him...But that was before meeting you. Now I can see that by doing so I will become like him.A merciless, arrogant man that will do anything and will wipe out everyone and everything that gets in his way...So I am not sure yet. You don't have to help me make a plan if it makes you feel uneasy my Rose."he said and smiled at me tenderly.

I shook my head.

"No my love. I also have many things against him. I have some information that will be helpful."

"What is it?Did the maids find out something?"

"I may have not done the spying that we agreed on after all those stuff happened but I know that your father will send me to spy on you."

His eyes went cold.

"Spy on me?Are you kidding me? I don't think he is that naive to send a simple maid to do this task."

To be continued...