Chapter 72- Hugs of comfort

Mother smiled at Endymion , as he was approaching us.

"Yes and you must be the young master of this house. I remember that I saw my daughter dressed as a maid of this house once but I didn't recognize her. So when I found out the truth I rushed here with my husband. Please excuse us."she said and bowed to him.

Endymion chuckled and looked at them with a soft and gentle expression.

"Please no formalities. I should be the one who is grateful. You were there for Elena when she firstly came.Thank you"

Endymion...

I felt so moved when I heard those words.

I grabbed on his clothing and his gaze  was on me.

"Endy..." 

I felt pain on my hand and let go of him.

"Ouch! I forgot I was shot-"I said in pain.

Mom and dad grabbed me by the shoulders worried.

"You were shot?! Are you okay?!"said dad.

I shook my head and smiled.

"Haha...Well- I did get shot but don't worry about it! I have to keep fighting in the end. I can't give up after all this."

They sighed and let go of me to talk with each other in the corner.

Endymion gently placed my injured hand in his and placed his lips against it.

I blushed and my heart started beating faster.

He made eye contact with me and pulled me closer to him with his free hand around on my waist.

He placed my injured arm on his face and kissed it again .Then he placed it on his cheek and put his hand above it.

"If you choose to stay with me you have to promise me that next time you let me get hit"he said with hopeful eyes.

"Let me keep you safe my love"he added with a smile on his face.

I was betrayed by the book....I was a test subject since the start...When I was alone against him I felt as if I was completely powerless... But seeing Endymion sacrificing our relationship for my safety and my parents coming to my side again...Makes me feel warm and strong. Perhaps now that my true identity is out the characters in this world can help me somehow.

I looked at Endymion with my usual bright smile.

I wish to feel him close like this more.

I need this now.

I wrapped my arms around his back and hugged him tightly.

I feel my worries leaving me together with some tears that were left in me to cry.

He held me as close as possible to his chest and patted my head.

My heavy breathing calmed down and a deep sigh of relief leaves my mouth.

"Yes Endy..."

He nodded.

"For a moment I thought you would never look at me again...After I saw you being shot in front of my eyes. I thought I was having a nightmare...I can't live without you so please live happily with me after this. After this all over, I will make you my wife."

My heart skipped a beat when I heard about marriage and my face became a blushing mess.

"I will accept gladly..." I said with a small smile and hugged him even tighter.

"I don't know. Moments ago I felt as if I was dragged to hell but now..."

I loosened my grip around him and stared in his eyes.

"You brought me back. I am sure you are blaming yourself for not being able to protect me"I said and caressed his cheek with my hand.

I placed a kiss on his cheek and smiled.

"It was out of your control so please don't worry. I came here to save you , didn't I?"

He chuckled but tears started falling down his cheek.

"Elena...I am sorry...I am sorry I couldn't protect you... Please let me shield you next time"he said with a shaky face.

Endymion...

I hugged him close.

I guess we both need a lot of comfort.

I chuckled.

"There...There...My future husband is very strong and smart. I only wish to see him shed tears of happiness."

He flinched and blushed when I called him 'husband'.

Hehe that was my intention. Good that it worked.

We hugged each other close and closed our eyes for a few minutes.

I wonder if my parents left when they saw us like this.

I opened my eyes and glanced at the corner they were standing at and saw them hugging each other as well.

It must be hard to figure out that you were just a character in a book.

I sighed.

I also can't wrap my head around it. Book lied to me from the start. Everything we went through together was a lie...Book...I really wish that this was just a nightmare...

I can feel myself tearing up again.

I...I need to work through these emotions and gain my strength so we can find a way to stop him.

To be continued...