7

Clarissa's POV

After luke kissed me, we haven't talked much. It's been kind of awkward. Running into each other, catching glances here and there. I want to say something but I don't know what to say. Besides, he kissed me. He should man up and talk to me.

This morning was a bit different. I got up to my alarm to see Luke sitting on the edge of my bed. He smiled at me slightly, giving me shivers up my spine.

"Luke, what are you doing?" I ask in my morning voice.

"Look, I know I've been avoiding you. I was just so confused on what the kiss was. How it affected us. Personally, I loved it. I want a relationship with you, Clarissa. You just have to let me love you. I promise I won't screw up again. I was so stupid and ignorant and I'd never ruin my chances with someone as beautiful, strong, confident, and kind as you. You're the only girl I ever wanna be with. You, Clarissa Winters, you." His eyes beamed into mine. I was speechless.

"L-Luke, I know you'd never hurt me again but I'm not so sure if I trust you yet." I frowned.

"Please, just give me this one chance. I'll make it up to you. I can show you that you can trust me." He was practically begging at this point. I admit, it was a overwhelmingly adorable gesture. I admire him for that.

"Yea, I guess I'll give this another shot. You can be my boyfriend again." I smirked. His face lit up as he jumped over by me and hugged me tight.

"You won't regret this." He whispered into my ear.

___

By the time lunch came, Luke was waiting for me in line. I smiled at him and got my food. He joined me, and grabbed my hand. He gave me a slight squeeze, comforting me.

People watched us as we walked down the lunchroom to find a table, our hands intertwined. Everyone sort of knew we hated eachother, because we would fight outside of our dorms sometimes and create big scenes. Everyone's mouths were dropped in awe, and I just giggled at them.

I felt as if to Luke he was showing off his new girlfriend. I've read about that stuff, and I've gained the knowledge that guys like to show off their "property". Not that I'm anything to show off.

This relationship is going to have a lot of ups and downs, I can already tell. It'll be like a fun roller coaster that everyone waits in line for a really long time to go on. Everyone wants their shot at love, everyone waits for it. Here's my shot, and I'm fighting strong.

We sat across from eachother and ate in silence. I can't really decide if it was awkward or comfortable, it was a mix between both. Until, after all the silent stares people gave us, someone actually came up to us and confronted us.

"So, y'all are like a couple now? The new it couple that everyone will talk about?" asked a cocky guy named Damon. I've always tried to avoid him, he seems like the guy you don't want to get involved with.

"I guess we are, aren't we?" Luke replied, the same sly tone in his voice.

The whole lunchroom got completely silent as everyone's eyes shifted towards us. This time, I mean all eyes, not one looking away.

"Damn, calm down dude. I'm just playing with you." He explained, and I rolled my eyes. He must've noticed because he chuckled.

"Well, I'll be off. I've had enough eyes on me for one lunch, huh?" He smirked, walking off over to his girlfriend Lindsey. She's not really his girlfriend, she's pretty much just for show. She's one of the prettiest girls in our university, and every guy always goes googlee-eyed for her. It's to help his image pretty much.

Everyone got back to their day, and Luke just gave me a slight smile.

"Don't mind him, he just thinks it's cool to be annoying." Luke implyed, and I just laughed.

"Yea, I guess so." I answered.

The bell rang, and we both sighed and got up. He gave me a hug, and we went out seperate ways. I had my art class next. I'm taking an art class because I've always wanted to know how to draw, but the art classes from high school didn't really teach it well enough. So, here I am learning it now. The classes for it here are actually really good.

I sat down next to a girl named Margo. She had really long brown hair. By long, I mean like down to her belly button long. She had pink at the tips of her hair, and it was curled. It was perfect, I wish I had hair like that.

"Hi," I said, trying to start conversation trying to avoid awkwardness.

"Hi. I'm Margo." She smiled.

"I'm Clarissa. I love your hair." I compilmented.

She finally looked up from her sketchbook, showing her bright blue eyes. Why does she have to be so pretty? She makes me look like a freaking garbage can.

"Thanks. I like your name, it's really pretty. I've always hated my name. Margo.. it's so boring, ya know? I mean I wanna be weird and spontaneous. Margo doesn't really fit that image." She explained.

"Yea, I get it. Clarissa is the name for someone who you'd think would be a goody-goody. Got straight A's and grew up to be a lawyer or doctor. I don't want either of those things. I want to be a author. Express my ideas onto paper. I want to change people's lives with my books, the same other people's books have done for me."

"That's awesome! I hope your work becomes famous one day." She tells me.

"Thanks, I hope so too. Or else I'll be like everyone else. I want to make a contribution to the world, and be remembered for it." I say.

"I want to do that to. I want to be a artist, and create work people will remember." She replies.

"I hope that works out for you." I smile.

"Thanks."

The art teacher came in, her hair in a messy bun with a paint splattered apron on.

"Okay, class. I want all of you to draw something that makes you happy in your sketchbook for day 1. It can be anything you wish. A person, place, thing, etc." She explains.

I blankly stare at my sketchbook. No ideas are present in my mind as to what makes me happy.

I started drawing letters, decorated nicely. I didn't pay attention to what I was drawing, I just let my hands do the work for themselves.

When I finally looked at my drawing, spelled out in large letters was:

Luke Robert Hemmings

__________
Authors Note- Please read
Hey guys! Sorry if it's not the best chapter!

I'm going to take about a month break from writing. This chapter will be the last chapter for a month.

No, I'm no just randomly taking a break. I'm giving myself a month break so I can dedicate my time to writing and taking my time without having to rush to get it done. By the time the month break is over, I'm going to have a lot of chapters written. I will have atleast one chapter uploaded every week for you guys.

-b