13

Clarissa's POV

My bags were packed lying on the floor, and Luke was sitting nervously on my bed. I was meant to be leaving for the airport in 20 minutes. After Luke's confession last night, it's only making it harder for me to get up and leave. I can't back out of it though.

"I'm going to miss you so much.. I don't know if I can handle this Clarissa. I love you too much and I just-" I cut him off by kissing him passionately. He responded quickly as his lips moved perfectly against mine, as if they were made for each other. No matter how many kisses we've shared, I still get an enormous amount of butterflies every time his lips touch mine. It's like electricity.

"I love you too, Luke." I said, pulling away slightly. A wide grin formed on his face as he hugged me tight.

"I love you I love you I love you." He added.

"Now that it's out of the open, I never want to stop saying it. I just love you so much." He grinned.

"I love you so much too, babe." I smiled.

I grabbed my phone to check the time as 11:20 flashed on the screen.

"We have to get going..." My voice trailed off.

Luke grabbed his keys as we got into his car and took off for the airport. I have to leave him. I don't know how I'm going to manage myself.

Once we reached the airport, sorrow filled the pit of my stomach. I turned to Luke with worry in my eyes. His eyes were filled with emotion as well, as we stepped out onto the concrete. My feet wouldn't move, I found myself dragging my feet to the airport doors. I just can't do this..

Luke intertwined our fingers. It hurt so much. The pain stung me like a bee, and there was nothing I could do about it.

When we reached the inside of the airport, he put his hands on my waist and pulled me to face him. I looked up at him and stared into his beautifully ocean colored eyes.

He leaned closer, giving me one last kiss. It was slow, passionate and full of love not lust. It was perfect. He pulled away before resting his forehead on mine, and looking into my eyes.

"I love you so much. I'm going to miss you. Please call me when you land, okay? I don't care what time it is here." He pleaded. I nodded my head.

He pulled me in for a hug as I wrapped my hands around his neck. I inhaled his scent for the last time.

"Flight to Australia, please begin boarding the plane." The announcer spoke.

We pulled away as a tear slipped onto my cheek. Luke brushed it away with his thumb.

"It's okay babe, you'll be back in no time. I love you, stay safe."

"I love you too." I added before moping over to the plane.

This is going to be the longest month of my life.

*

I was seated by the window next to my mom. I watched as the plane soared from the ground into the air as I was taken away from Luke.

The clouds neared, the bright blue sky cascading around the plane. I knew I was going to feel jet lagged soon, I've been to Australia before. I sighed, resting my head on the seat trying to fall asleep. However, it wasn't working at all.

My eyes finally closed as I drifted into a slumber.

*

When I woke up my plane was on the ground, and I groaned before sitting up. Here back in Australia. Thousands of miles away from the person I love. Great.

"Mom, why must we stay a month? Can't a few days do.." I groaned, dragging my luggage out of the plane into the airport. Jet lag hit me like a jerk, as I was wide awake at one in the morning Australia time. This is all just dandy isn't it.

I quickly pulled my phone out to text Luke and tell him I've landed safely.

Luke- I miss you come home

Clarissa- you know if it was my choice we'd be making out right now

Luke- great now you've got me missing you more :(

Clarissa- I'll try to convince my mom to shorten the stay.. meanwhile I'll be missing you:*

Clarissa- I gotta go talk to you soon xx <3

Luke- stay safe babe<33

With that, I put my phone in my pocket trudging after my mother who I would love to stab for stopping Luke and I from being together right now.

"Mom, can we please shorten the stay? One month is too much. I'll be behind in my studies and everything. It's hard enough as it is, to catch up on a months work..." I trailed off as my mother looked at me sympathetically.

"Darling, you thought we were actually staying here for a month? I told you that so you'd be less disappointed when I tell you that we are only staying for a couple days. You also needed to learn how to say goodbye to Luke for a little bit.. you can't always be with him every second hunny. I just didn't want you to rely on him being there, that's all." She explained. A huge sigh of relief escaped my lips. However, I did learn my lesson.

"Yeah, mom I guess your right. I can't rely on people to always stay." My thoughts directed towards Claire. After that incident, I don't think I'll ever expect people to stay. They just leave as they please, I guess.

I pulled my phone out and texted Luke.

Clarissa- good news. my mom was lying.. We're only staying for a few days!!! x

My phone buzzed almost a second after I hit send.

Luke- oh my gosh this is amazing!!! we won't be separated:D

I smiled at his goofiness regarding the smiley face, before shoving my phone back into my pocket.

Now to deal with my annoying grandparents.

_______

Hahaha did you expect her mom to do that?? I didn't even expect it I thought of it as I was writing it.. lol.

Thanks for all the votes and reads! It means a lot to me that people are actually enjoying this story. <3

-b