26

Clarissa's POV

"Here we have the overnight Internet sensation, Clarissa Winters!" My name blared through the speakers, causing the crowd to roar. I swallowed the lump in my throat, stepping forward onto the stage.

Ellen came over to greet me, enveloping me in a hug. She ushered me to sit down on the couch, and I did so. She sat on the char across from me as the audience died down.

"So, let's talk about your voice," She started, making the crowd erupt in screams once again. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks, looking down at my feet.

"You have the voice of an absolute angel! You hit whistle tones that are very rarely heard." She praised.

"Thank you," I answered shyly. I wonder what the kids back home are currently thinking.
I'm
"Are you going to sing something for us?" She smiled, pointing towards the direction of the stage that was set up.

My stomach felt queasy, but I pushed it to the side. If I'm going to become a performer I'm going to need to get over my stage fright, and the queasiness just won't do.

I smiled weakly before getting up from the chair, slowly making my way towards the stage.

I bet Luke is watching, which gives me a sudden feeling of comfort. I don't know why, but it just does. Knowing Luke is still supporting me from miles away makes me happy.

"I've actually prepared a new song," I say it o the microphone as I stand in front of it awkwardly.

"We'd love to hear it! Whenever you're ready." She answers, and I feel my palms become sweaty and my heart beats rapidly in my chest.

The music begins playing, and I feel myself shaking. How am I supposed to move around? Do I just stand here and sing? I doubt I'll even be able to move anyway.

Suddenly, the intro is over and it's time for me to sing. I hastily bring the microphone to my lips, as I sing out the lyrics.

Let me see ya put your hearts up, yea
If we give a little love maybe we can change the world

You think you're so small like you're itty bitty
Just one match in the lights of the city
Walking by strangers on the side of the street
Like a quarter in a cup will get them up on their feet like
you think you're never gonna make your mark
Sit back and watch the world as it falls apart
Like out of sight out of mind, like just a
waste of time like, like, like

Hey yea yea yea yea
Hey yea yea
If we give a little love maybe we can change the world

I continue to sing out the lyrics, as I feel myself forgetting everything around me. Everyone disappears, as I'm the only one in the world in this moment. It's an amazing feeling I must admit. All my stage fright has happily left.

Soon the music stops, as I am snapped back into reality. An eruption of applause rings throughout the stage, and I feel the corners of my lips tugging into a smile.

I've made it.

Luke's POV

Calum and I finish the last lyrics of our new song, signing as we do so.

"Finally," He muttered. Song writing isn't as easy as it looks, especially when you're rushing it.

Why are we rushing it? Well, we have our very first gig in two days. We agreed before we even had a song or band name, so now we're rushing everything. We all know we're going to regret it afterwords, but that doesn't stop us.

"Ashton, Mikey, we're done!" I yell out. Now it's time for us to practice it all night long until we perfect it. Which will take a long time, guaranteed.

Meanwhile Clarissa is getting songs handed to her. I watched her performance on Ellen, and to say I'm jealous is an understatement.

She didn't even want this dream until it was handed to her. Of course she gets it so simply, where as I am here working my arse off just for a simple shot at a run-down gig.

I doubt she's even thinking of me right now. She's probably out living the Hollywood dream, partying with Beyoncé.

Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of her. I'm really trying to be happy for her, but it's becoming extremely difficult. The fact that she just got up and left me for her own selfish reasons just makes my blood boil.

Ashton and Michael finally appeared in the doorway, snapping me out of my thoughts. I set up my guitar while the rest of them set up their own instruments. This is going to be a long night.

Clarissa's POV

My finger has been lingering over the call button for five minutes now. Luke hasn't called me at all, and I'm desperate to hear his voice. I don't know where we stand at the moment, but I miss him. I can only imagine how he's feeling right now.

I throw my phone on the couch, collapsing onto the floor burying my face in my hands. I'm so stupid! Luke and I finally had our chance at happiness, and this time I messed it up. He has every right to be upset with me. I'm upset with myself too.

Sure, it felt amazing being on stage like that. I forgot about everything except the way my lips curved into the lyrics. However, was it really worth losing Luke? Oh god, I hope I didn't really loose him.

I suddenly hear my phone ringing, and I run as fast as I can to retrieve my phone.

Please be Luke...

Instead of Luke's name, Hollywood records pops onto the screen.

____

I WENT TO OTRA MINNEAPOLIS AND IT WAS AMAZING AND NOW ALL I WANNA DO IS GO BACK TO THAT NIGHT AND NEVER LEAVE

-b