19

Luke's POV

Clarissa's face pales as her eyes meet mine. Confusion clusters my thoughts, as I wonder why she's here with her bags in Calum's dorm. Has she been staying with him? Are they together? My body tenses as the thought of them as a couple.

Her mouth dropped slightly, looking for the right words to say but they don't appear. I can't think of anything to say either, I just sit in awe of the situation.

"Clarissa, what are you doing here?" Calum broke the silence. Clarissa sighed.

"We're roommates," She held up her keys to his dorm. Jealousy pricks into my body, and I tense up. Roommates?

"How?" Calum pondered.

"I asked for a new dorm, and they just told me this one. I didn't even realize who's it was until now.." She looked away.

"Oh, well. I'll be leaving then." I answer.

This couldn't be more awkward. Her eyes darted over to meet mine, and I quickly shut the door behind me. Clarissa, alone, in a dorm with Calum? I already know Calum has interest in her. This is not going to end well, I can just tell.

The autumn leaves crunched underneath my boots, the swaying of the sunset orange trees filling my ears. Nature is beautiful, and distracting.

I entered my dorm building, sighing as I see the number 221 plastered upon the wall next to the door Clarissa slammed many times. Memories flooded my mind, this dorm has so many stories behind it. Everything does, really.

Every person has a story behind them. Some more complicated, some more simple, and some just abstract, and they all are unique in their own ways. It's impossible to know one's story unless they tell you themselves. Which shouldn't come easily; only tell your stories to the people who deserve to know. Don't waste your time on people who listen through one ear, and let it escape throughout the other one.

That's where trust issues come in. You never truly know who those people are. Looks can be deceiving, anybody can act the part. You are the dictator of who will treat your secrets as one of their own.

I chose Clarissa. I don't regret it with one ounce of my body. I want her to know everything, and I want to know everything about her. I want to know what stirs around in her beautiful head, everything that's ever hurt her, and everything she loves. She hasn't told me her story, and I'm still quite curious to figure her out. Although, I think I've blown my chances out of proportion in this situation as far as that goes.

I was pessimistic before turning the door handle, revealing a half empty room. It was left stale, Clarissa's side of the room converted the dorm into something beautiful; as mine just made it look like some lonely joke.

I slumped into my bed, kicking off my shoes, letting them disappear into the room. I groaned before propping my head on the pillow, falling into a deep sleep, that I was wishing to never wake up from, honestly.

**
Clarissa's POV

"I thought your roommate was out of town?" I pestered, and he shrugged.

"I don't really know where he went, honestly. He just got up and left one day. I didn't really feel like explaining it at the moment." He replied, as if it was nothing.

"It's simple, I know, but I don't like liars, Calum." I narrow my eyes at him. He chuckles, and gets up from his chair.

"I don't lie about important things. Besides, why does it even matter? We're roommates now, which means we get this whole place to ourselves.." He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind me, kissing the back of my neck softly.

I got lost into the moment, turning around and pressing my lips against his. He bit my lip, and I gladly gave him entrance as his tounge roamed mine. The butterflies were nonexistent, however. They fluttered endlessly when I was around Luke, but with Calum it wasn't really much. He was a good distraction, however, and that's all I need at the moment.

He pulled away, and pulled his phone from his pocket.

"It's getting late, let's get to bed, yeah?" He asked. I nodded, before making my way into the bathroom. I washed off all my makeup, and changed into a tee shirt and shorts. I pulled my hair into a messy bun, and made my way out into the room once again.

Calum looked me up and down before biting his lip.

"Wow, you're beautiful. Even more without all the dressing up." He smiled, pecking my lips.

"Same to you," I said, looking at his run-down appearance. He wore a loose shirt that showed off his toned abs perfectly, with gray sweatpants. He looked extremely hot, I must say.

I climbed into my new bed, turning off the lamp beside me.

At this point, sleep seemed impossible. I tossed and turned the whole night, while Calum was in a deep sleep the moment his back hit the bed.

Finally everything went black.

"Luke!" I called, searching the balcony for him.

Was I too late? I can't be. Oh my god.

I turned to see Luke splattered on the ground, 15 stories up.

He had committed suicide. It was all because of me, too. I made him depressed, and him seeing me with Calum.. He just couldn't handle it. Not only did I break Luke's heart, but I killed him. He's dead because of me. He had so many people who cared about him, but now it's all over because I made a huge mistake to not keep him in my arms forever.

I felt to my knees, sobs erupting from my mouth. I loose everyone. I didn't think I'd ever loose Luke, and that was foolish of me. Come on Clarissa, no one ever stays. You should know that by now. Not even Luke stayed with you.

I woke up in a dark room, screaming. Tears rolled down my cheeks. Wait, where the hell am I?

____

Ending this chapter on a cliffhanger. It was a bit short, but don't worry the next chapter will be very dramatic to make up for it.

july 20th, 2015, 6:34pm

-b