3

Don't even say I was harsh about it. I know I was.

Just like how he was harsh when he broke my heart.

I don't think I'm capable of un-hating him. That hate will always stir up inside of me whenever I see his face, hear his voice, or even feel his presence. I can't stop it. It's just there.

"Come on, Clarissa. I'm apologizing. I'm not asking to be your best friend, just for forgiveness." He sighed.

"Forgiveness? A simple I'm sorry doesn't fix the pain you caused me."

"I'm aware of that, but please.."

"But nothing. Goodnight Hemmings." I snapped as I turned off the light and pulled the covers over my face.

Awkward silence filled the air, until I finally drifted off into sleep..

As I woke up for the first day, I yawned as I lifted the covers off me. I blinked a couple of times regaining my vision, not seeing Luke anywhere.

I shrugged and walked into the bathroom, brushing out my tangled hair. I did the rest of my hair, followed by putting on the first thing I found in my closet.

Not wanting to be late for my first day if college, I grabbed my bag and quickly ran off into the halls making my way over to the breakfast hall.

As I was running, I clumsily bumped into someone and fell over. Of course, I was already embarrassing myself on the first day. I looked up to see a tall, tan skinny girl. She had long, curly blonde hair and wore a fancy outfit with pink high heels, and the perfect purse to top it off. Not to mention her Barbie-doll makeup.

"S-sorry, I was in a hurry a-" I was cut off.

"No, darling it's fine. You were in a rush, I know. Come, come. You can sit with me, you won't get into any trouble around me. No one messes with me." She smirked grabbing my arm bringing me along with her to the breakfast hall.

As we reached the hall, anxiety started building up inside of me. Did I mention I have horrible social anxiety? Trust anxiety, aswell. When I was a freshmen it was so bad I had to take pills for it. I've gotten better, but it's still really bad and hard to deal with. Communicating isn't my strong suite.

We walked in to see many large tables, and lots of chattering coming from the various students at different tables. You could automatically tell which table was the 'jock' table, and I got shivers from just looking at it.

We got in line and got our food, we both got 2 pancakes and orange juice.

"So, you haven't told me your name yet. What is it?" She asked.

"Clarissa. And yours?" I smiled.

"Clarissa! That's such a beautiful name! And my name is Lola." She exclaimed, and I laughed thanking her.

She led the way, and I almost collapsed when she sat down at the jock table. She gestured me to sit by her, and I slowly did so sitting down. I looked around and everyone looked so.. popular and pretty. Here I am, some normal average girl sitting with them..

"Everyone, this is Clarissa. She will be sitting with us for now on, she's cool." Lola told them, and they all nodded and greeted me.

I have to admit it was intimidating hanging with the "cool kids" who I never even imagined would even look at me. I tried my hardest to not be my awkward self, but I couldn't help it. I had no idea how to make conversation. All these girls seemed to be pros at it.

"So, Clarissa, where are you from?" One of them asked. She had short red hair and seemed to be the most natural out of all of them.

"I'm from around here, maybe more Northern California." I said shyly, trying to form a fake smile.

"Oh, same! Lola heres parents own this place! Can you believe it?" She smiled, and Lola smiled aswell. Oh, that's why she's the best.

I quietly ate my food, listening to the gossip escaping their mouths.

After we all finished, we parted our ways as I went to find my first class.

As I found my class, I ran into Luke. His eyes narrowed as he saw me, and looked away right after. I don't understand what I did, but..

Oh yeah.

After class ended I struggled to find my way back to my dorm, which I didn't even want to find it. Luke is probably in there, and we've been trying to avoid eachother at all costs.

When I open the door, luke is sitting on his bed.

Making out with a girl.

*****

Sorry I haven't uploaded in forever! But here's a new chapter for you !

Do you think luke is making her jealous, or actually likes this girl?

See you guys next chapter xx

-b