32

Luke's POV

Once Calum agreed to our deal, it was pretty much time to perform.

I held onto my guitar extremely tight, the nervousness corrupting my movements. My stomach churned more and more the closer I got to the stage. This is definitely the largest crowd we've performed in front of so far. You'd be crazy to not be nervous for this.

The lights soon hit us directly as we walked onto the stage. The crowd roared in excitement, something I'm not used to. Once I got to my microphone I smiled towards the audience, immediately spotting Clarissa. She smiled widely back at me.

I began to strum the cords of my guitar to the beat of our new song; She Looks So Perfect. The boys followed suite. Soon enough, we were all singing and playing the song better than we ever have before. It almost seemed to be a miracle.

We didn't just play a bit better than before. We had almost a whole new sound. In a good way, of course. As if over the past day we somehow improved a years worth of time. I could tell the rest of the band noticed as well by the astonished look on their faces.

We played our heart out until we reached the end of the song, leaving the crowd with the fit of screams. I exited the stage before turning towards my fellow band members.

"What just happened?!" Michael yelled of excitement.

"I don't know, it seems we've gotten 10x better." I stated. Calum nodded my way.

"It's because we agreed to be friends. I told you. It improves performance, and just us as a band in general." Ashton smirked. I rolled my eyes, he's probably right.

"Or maybe our practice paid off? Ever thought of that?" Calum barked.

"Really? Because it hadn't seen to pay off when we practiced earlier today, now did it?" I replied. He just narrowed his eyes at me.

"We can't fight like this, it'll ruin what we have going on. How about tonight we all stay over at my place. We can play video games or whatever band members do." Ashton offered with a toothy grin.

Ashton's always been a positive guy. That's one of the reasons why he's a pretty great friend. He isn't rude just for fun. He's pretty much the opposite of Calum, which is why he's a great guy.

"Yeah, that'd be cool." Michael smiled warmly.

"Sure, why not." I added.

"Of course... not." Calum rolled his eyes.

"Come on Calum. You're not going to bring down the band like this. Just come over to Ashton's house. You know what, if you don't, you're out of the band." I folded my arms at his behavior.

"Fine! I just don't see why this is such a huge deal for." He told, bowing his head. He soon turned his attention to his phone as we left the building.

My eyes landed on Clarissa, who was grinning widely up at me. I walked over to her giving her a huge hug.

"You did marvelous!" She exclaimed, nuzzling her head into my chest.

"Thanks, but you did much better." I smiled down at her.

"I'm actually staying over at Ashton's place tonight. Call me tomorrow?" I asked, hoping she wouldn't be upset.

"Oh yeah, sure. You need to spend time with your band and all, I get it. Have fun." She pecked my lips quickly before walking off.

I soon found the rest of the band once again. I hopped into Ashton's black Toyota, taking the backseat with Calum. Unfortunately.

"How's Clarissa treating ya?" He smirked.

"Look, I don't know what your deal is with us. When we were friends before you were actually decent. I don't know what crawled up your arse, but you better fix it before it starts having a negative effect on our band. You're own petty problems shouldn't hurt the rest of us." I scoffed, having enough of him.

His eyes suddenly softened. His gaze was torn from mine, watching out the window.

"I actually liked Clarissa. Believe it or not, she meant a lot to me. I let it slide the first time, because she was yours first and I didn't know much about the story. However, once I found out you had hurt her twice when she came to me for help, I was done letting you have her. I cared for her. I took care of her while you were being stupid. We actually had some great moments, Luke. But you came and took her from me so easily. While you hurt her and all I did was care for her and do what's best for her, you still got her heart. And it hurt. So yea, I have a problem with you. I helped you and in return you managed to help break my heart by taking her from me. If anything negatively effects the band, it's your fault. I'm not even sorry for not wanting to be friends with you. This is not an apology." He told.

"Wow, Calum, I'm so sorry. I didn't know she actually meant that much to you. You were never into the relationship type things.."

"That doesn't mean I'm incapable of loving someone! You can't just expect me not to develop an admiration towards a girl who was hurt and needed someone." He laughed dryly. I sighed, running my hands through my hair.

"Look, I'm sorry. Can't we put this past us? You'll find someone for you. If she didn't choose you it obviously wasn't meant to be. There's a girl out there who will love you so much. And you'll love her too. You just have to be patient. I was and look where I'm at." I smiled, patting his back slightly.

"Fine. But that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt to see you and Clarissa happy. It hurts so much. However, I'll try to find it in me to let it all go. I forgive you."

"Great! Now that the airs cleared, how about a game of Fifa?" Michael piped up from the back seat, earning a groan from Ashton.

_____

august 29th, 2015, 12:45am

-b