40

Clarissa's POV

One month. That's how long I've gone without speaking one word to Luke. It's been hell.

He hasn't made any effort to talk to me. I see the pictures of him on magazine covers with other girls; looking like he's having the time of his life. The better version of his life, where I'm not in it.

Does he even care? Does he even miss me? Does he ever think about me? Has he totally forgotten about me?

Maybe he's just been really busy lately.

Not too busy to drool over other girls.

Okay, I'm going to ignore the voice in my head.

I'm usually right. You shouldn't ignore me.

Too bad.

I took out my phone, sending a quick text to him.

How have you been?

It doesn't surprise me when I don't get a reply.

"What's wrong?" Margo asked me. Yes, she took a break from her college courses to be with me on tour. I've missed her dearly. We were great friends back in college.

It seems so long ago now. Those were the days. They were simple and easy. Now all it seems to be is complicated and hard.

"Luke still hasn't talked to me. I texted him." I sighed.

"It's his loss if he won't talk to you. You're Clarissa Winters. You can get any guy you want. You have to show him that. He's been in pictures with girls? Go hangout with guys! Flirt with them even. Make him jealous the way he's been making you jealous. Then maybe he'll realize what he's missing out on." She smirked. I nodded.

"That's a good idea. I think I'll get started on that now."

*
*
*

Luke's POV

Another text from Clarissa I'll have to ignore.

I have to make her think I don't care. Just like she did with me. What she doesn't know is how much this separation is tearing me apart, piece by piece.

It takes every inch of will power I have not to type I Love You back to her over and over again.

I know it's kind of a jerk-like move. It's what I have to do.

"Hey, Luke... look at this." Ashton handed me a magazine. On the cover was the girl I love. With another guy.

They had their arms wrapped around each other, a bright smile upon her face. I don't care if he's "just a friend" or any of that. It looks like more than a friendship move to me. This is where I loose my control, as I pick up my phone and begin to dial her number.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

"Hello, you've reached Clarissa Winters. Please leave a message and I'll get back to you!"

"Clarissa. You need to call me back. Now. I know what you did, and I'm not okay with it." I snapped, ending the voicemail. How could she do this? Why would she want to do this?! I thought she loved me. I guess I was wrong.

It's all my fault. She didn't feel loved. I didn't show her what she deserved.

_____

Clarissa's POV

I threw my phone across the room in frustration. Who does Luke think he is? He has no right to be mad at me when he's been doing that for weeks.

I angrily grabbed my phone, dialing his number.

"Hello?"

"Listen here douchebag, if you think you have any single right to leave a voice mail like that on my phone, you can go date one of those sluts you've been with! I'm not putting up with your bullshit any longer Luke!" I screamed.

"I know, I'm sorry. I've been stupid. I love you Clarissa. I know I've been with a lot of girls but I just needed a distraction.. I never cheated though. It just hurt me to see you with those guys. I didn't realize that's how you've felt this whole time. I'm so sorry Clarissa."

"Sorry can't always fix everything. Maybe we should just break up."

"You'd really give up our relationship, everything we've fought for, just because I was hanging out with some girls?"

"No. It's because relationships like this don't work out. It only ends in both of us being hurt. Maybe we should just end it while we can. Before we start hating each other."

"I could never hate you. In fact, I don't think I'll ever stop loving you. Our love is worth fighting for. If it does end, it's going down in a fight. Not because we just gave up on it."

"I guess you're right. We've both been so busy though.. I just don't see how this can work." she sighed.

"We can FaceTime everyday. Text everyday. Communicate a lot more than we did before. That was our mistake. We didn't talk to each other like we should've."

"I don't know.. We can try. If it doesn't work out this time, that's it. I'm done trying so hard for something if I'm only going to end up loosing it."

"Sounds fair," I agreed. "Besides, this time will end up perfect. I promise."

"Whatever you say Lucas." I could practically hear her smirk.

__________

ok im so sorry this is the shortest chapter ever but next chapter is a lot to lead up to so i guess i just wanted to end this.. sorry it's a bit of a filler to prepare you for the chaos that is next chapter have fun loves

-b