38

Luke's POV

"Where the hell were you last night? Everyone was looking for you!" Ashton screamed. I just shrugged.

"Luke. I know you were out partying." He scolded.

"Okay? I can do whatever I want to."

"No, Luke, you can't. Not with the paps watching your every move. They always turn everything into some bad theory for people to gossip about. This'll be on the next magazine cover by tonight!" He scowled. I shrugged once again.

"Stop acting like this isn't a big deal! This is huge. You can't just go around doing this stuff whenever you want. Have you considered you have a girlfriend?" He kept going.

"Yeah. Have you?" Clarissa wheeled in, anger written across her features.

"I found this on my way over here." She handed me a magazine. I read the title carefully:

Luke Hemmings Cheating On Clarissa Winters At a College Frat Party! Details Inside

The cover also had a picture of me drinking out of the red solo cup. Wow, I guess Ashton was right.

"So what? It's just rumors. Does anyone even believe the media anymore? We can just tell people the truth." I spoke.

"I don't care about the media Luke. It's the fact that you just went out partying on our day.." She stopped suddenly, turning away.

"Our day?" I raised a brow.

"Forget it. I'm leaving." She choked.

"No, tell me," I turned her around.

"Yesterday was our anniversary. Back before we broke up. It's been a year since we got back together after all those years. I can't believe it's been a year, one crazy one at that, but it has. Sure we've broken up since then, but I still see it as a special day." She looked away, letting a tear slip.

I pressed my thumb against her cheek, wiping away the tear.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know, I guess I just was too happy to record the date that day. I'm not one to remember dates, you know that. Plus, why didn't you tell me sooner?" I asked.

"I was busy in the studio all day. When I came to celebrate with you, Ashton said you just took off. I called many times, and you just never answered. I thought you were ignoring me."

I checked my phone, and sure enough there were 5 missed calls. Dang it, I'm so stupid.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again, I promise."

"Good." She smiled, leaning in. I pressed my lips to hers. The familiar butterflies fluttered around, my heart racing.

"One year, and you still have this effect on me." I said, grabbing her hand and putting it against my heart. She smiled.

"You do that to me too. Always have, always will."

I kissed her once again, enjoying the taste of her lips. I could never get tired of this.

"Are we forgetting Ashton's still in the room?" Ashton piped up.

"Get out then," I chuckled, continuing to kiss her.

"How rude of you both. I'm very offended." He fake cried. He left the room soon after.

_____

Clarissa's new album was released today. It's called Yours Truly, and I absolutely love it. She's so talented in every way and I'm glad I made her chase her dreams.

She's going on tour soon as well, leaving me behind.

Nothing too exciting has happened lately. It's all the same thing over and over. I want an adventure.

I suddenly heard my phone ringing from beside me, diverting mine attention.

I answered to hear my manager's voice.

"Luke! How're you today?" He started off the conversation with some small talk as usual.

"Good, I guess."

"Great! Looks like you boys will be going on a world tour starting in two weeks! Last minute, I know, but the fans are demanding it. We have to give the fans what they want in order to stay famous." He told me. I didn't know how to react anymore; so I just sighed.

Wait. Maybe this is the adventure I'm looking for. I know we'll be going to countries all around the world that I've only dreamed of going- maybe this is what I've been waiting for my whole life. A tour with my three new best friends.

"Okay! That's great, I can't wait." I hung up soon after. Excitement boiled in my veins until I realized something.

I'll be away from Clarissa. Many miles away.

However, we knew this was the cost of our careers. I think it's just going to be difficult that we'll never get to see each other anymore. To say it hurts would be a understatement.

____

"Clarissa," I spoke softly.

"Luke," she giggled. I only sighed and gave her sad eyes.

"Luke, what's wrong?" she pouted, had noticing my sadness.

"I'm going on tour in two weeks. All over the world. I don't know when I'll be back-"

"Luke. It's fine. We've already been over the fact that we won't be seeing each other as often as we'd like. Tours are apart of our careers. I'm going on tour in a week." she reassured. I just stood in shock.

"So you don't even care the slightest bit that we won't be seeing each other?" I cried out.

"I do Luke! It's just something I mentally prepared myself for over the past couple months. Of course I'm dying on the inside knowing I won't get to cuddle with you on a daily basis- it's just we can't dwell on it and let it get in the way of our careers. You have to try to let it go. For me."

"I don't know-" I started.

"I know it's hard. You can get through it. We both can. Just focus on having fun with your best fiends. They should be your main focus as well as your fans and singing. Don't let it get in the way of doing what you love. If you're sad, it's only
going to make me sad. Just be strong, please. It's better for the both of us that way." she convinced.

"Fine. For you." I gave in.

"Yay! Let's go cuddle and watch movies while we still can." she suggested, for which I happily complied.

We gathered all of the blankets we could find. We set up the couch and played the first Harry Potter movie because we both love it so much. We cuddled together in the blankets, disappearing from reality for even the slightest bit of time.

"Go Harry! Go! Catch the snitch!" Clarissa cried, causing me to erupt in laughter. She got so into the movie it was way too amusing. That's another one of the many things I absolutely adore and love about her.

I couldn't have picked a girl
more perfect.

________

heyyyyy guys

this chapter is kind of a filler but the next one is going to be about them leaving for the tours so it'll be more interesting i promise

love u all to bunches thx for reading bbys

-b