2

I can't believe Luke Hemmings, who I never wished to see again, is right before my eyes. He's going to be my roommate for the next four years; ugh, no!
He broke my heart. I have never been able to love again after him. Ever since him I've had major trust issues. He pretty much ruined my life, and he acts like nothing happened. It was just another girl under his belt for him.

I stared at him in disbelief, as he smirked to himself knowing he was getting under my skin. How could this even be possible? Why are boys and girls even allowed to share a dorm together?

"How can you just sit there smirking to yourself? You're the biggest jerk known to man kind." I snarled, earning a chuckle from him.

"It was a dare, sweetheart. If you let one little game get to you so much, then you are just pathetic." He started.

"I'm pathetic? Your the one who finds it fun to break girls' hearts. What if someone did that to you," I threatened, and he just laughed more.
"Here's the difference between you and me, sweetheart. I don't let people get to me. I fly solo, I only look out for me myself and I. I don't need anyone. Therefore, I didn't need you." He chuckled. I just glared at him.

"Well, whatever. There are some ground rules here, though. One, don't ever talk to me. Two, try your hardest to stay out of here. Go party with friends or something so I never have to see the ugly thing you call your face." I smiled, and he just laughed again.

"Okay, sweetheart. Will do." He said.

I walked into the room, shutting the door behind me and completely ignored his presence. He stared at me while I walked over to my side of the room, and started to unpack. It couldn't have felt more uncomfortable.

"Why don't you just take a picture. It lasts longer," I snapped, and I could tell he was smirking.

"Yea, well, that's not nearly as fun now is it?" He teased, and I sighed obviously not in the mood for humor.

"Just stop staring at me! It's creeping me out." I yelled, and he stayed silent for a few moments. Until he burst out laughing.

I turned around to see his face red, squirming around on his bed laughing. I glared at him until he finally stopped, and sighed.

"Please. Haven't you already made enough of my life miserable? It's as if you don't even have a heart." I stated, getting back to my boxes unpacking some more.

He was silent after that, doing I don't know what since I was trying to ignore him and his every move. When I finished unpacking, I realized it was pretty much already the end of the day. Time flies by.

Luke was on the other side of the room lying on his bed, on his iPhone. I rolled my eyes at the typical teenage boy in front of me. When really, in the end, I ended up doing the same exact thing.

I grabbed my headphones and my iPhone listening to my favorite songs. Most of them by Ariana Grande or All Time Low. I have a love for female pop singers and bands. Kind of a weird mix, but I go with it anyway.

"It wasn't fake to me," Luke said, out of nowhere. I took out my headphones and moved my eyes to his, earning full eye contact. Is he apologizing?

"Our love was real. It was a dare at first, I admit. I told myself after the first girl who broke my heart I would never fall in love again; only break hearts. I did it many times. But then you.. You were different. Something inside me hated myself for doing it, but I couldn't break my promise to myself. Never would I let myself love again. Now I feel like crap, knowing I broke the girl I loved's heart for humor. It's sick. Ever since then I've been in denial. I've never broke another heart again." Luke confessed, sincerely.

"Just because one messed up, doesn't mean there's good to come. Trust me, I understand. You think it's all over, but it's not. It's time to start the new chapter. Don't even say you've reached the limit and your at the end of the book, because there's millions of books out there."

"I'm sorry, I was a jerk. I really was, and I understand that now. I cannot take back my actions."

"But too bad I still hate you for it, Hemmings. I always will." I snapped.