1

I sipped my coffee from Starbucks, building up my energy for this big day I was coming into. Today was the day I was moving to college, and my mother was thrilled. I, on the other hand don't really want to go to college. I know I want to be a writer, but am I really for sure I want to write for the rest of my life? I feel like I need more time to think, but my mother insists otherwise. Mostly because I actually got accepted to Finnley with a full scholarship. Which is really hard to get for most people, so I guess I'm honored.

"Come on sweetie, let's go! Don't want to be late for your first day!" My mother sang as she ran into the room, rushing herself and I.

I chuckled as I finished my coffee, and picked up my bags preparing to leave. I looked back at my house for which I grew up, and a million memories came flashing through my head. I've lived in this same house my whole life, and that makes it much harder to leave.

"I'm gonna miss this place," I whispered, unfortunately my mother heard me.

"Oh come on, you won't miss it when your living the college dream! Let's go!" She squealed running out the door with my bags.

I grabbed the remainder of my bags, and walked out to the car which my mother had loaded with most of my bags already. I swear this lady..

I put my bags in the trunk, and closed it making my way to the passengers seat. I opened the door and sat, closing the door behind me and buckling my seat belt. No suprise that the second I finished this action, my mother speed off into the direction of my new college.

Once we arrived, I looked around at all the new excited and imitated students. Hugging loved ones goodbye, looking around in amazement, and more. I had to admit, the school was huge. I had been there once before to take a tour, but now I actually live here.

I opened the door and shut it behind me, grabbing my bags and walking slowly towards the University doors. I looked around, gasping at the beauty of it. My mother had rushed before me, and I laughed running to catch up to her.

"Wow mom, so excited to get rid of me huh." I joked, and she joined me in laughter.

We reached the main doors, and inside was where you would find your dorm and receive your schedule. Outside of the main doors we stopped, and my mom smiled at me as this was our goodbye.

"You're going to have a great time here, darling. Don't worry about me, don't even miss me. Just think of all the fun you are going to have here. Have the time of your life. I love you." She told me, hugging me as I hugged back.

"I love you too, mom."

She walked out of my hug, walking back to our car. She looked behind her shoulder and waved one last time along with a smile, and I returned the action.

I looked in front of me to see the large main doors. I walked in, slowly opening the doors taking in all of the new surroundings.

I looked around to see the lines of what career you are enrolling in to earn a degree for; I found mine which was writing. Not many people were in line, so the wait wasn't much. I quickly got up to the front of the line, to see a smiling lady greeting me.

"Hello, I'm Stacy. I'm going to be your guide. If you have any questions about your schedule or dorm, just come to me. Your name?" She asked.

"Clarissa Winters." I answered, and soon after she was searching for my name.

"Aha," she said, as she took a file out of a folder. "Here's your class schedule and dorm room number. You're in building C, dorm 221." She told me, handing me the papers giving me a smile.

I smiled back as I took the papers and walked off to building C.

Once I found building C, I went inside to find a long hallway with lots of doors, which didn't help my search of my dorm. As I got near the end of the long hallway, I got to the 200's.

I finally reached 221, and stopped before it. I prepared to see the room I was going to live in for the next four years. I wonder who my roommate is, but I am about to find out.

Excitement raised inside me as I turned the knob of the door, opening it slowly.

My eyes widened in disbelief at the site in front of me. I stood there, frozen in my tracks.

"Hemmings." I growled.

"Why hello, Winters." He smirked.

____

A/N

Omg I am so sorry I took forever to update! I literally had to re-write this four times. For some reason it kept deleting my work, and I would have to start over. Also because I didn't like how it turned out the first time.

Chapter two is already being made as you read this:)

-b