12

Clarissas POV

It's been getting easier. Less lonely nights, Luke's been comforting me. I will admit, there will always be an empty gap inside of me unable to be filled by no other than my sister herself. She'll be missed dearly, by everyone in my family.

It was a typical Saturday morning, so far. I haven't done much for fun since that party. I've been sitting awake on my phone for the past hour, not wanting to wake Luke.

I heard a shuffling noise across the room, to see Luke standing there with his hair all messed up, and his eyes struggling to stay open. I must say, it was a great look for him.

"Morning," His raspy morning voice spoke. It was hot, let me tell you.

"Morning." I smiled, before getting out of the bed and wrapping my arms around his broad shoulders. "You're adorable when you wake up," I whispered in his ear. A crimson red covered his cheeks, and I giggled.

"Can we do something fun today?" He pleaded, his eyes wide.

"Sure, what do you want to do?" I asked, not sure of any ideas.

"We could have a cuddle day. That's fun, right?" He smirked.

"Okay, when you said 'fun' I thought you meant something exciting and adventurous. Not staying home all day like I've been doing for the past week." I pointed out. He sighed.

My phone rang from beside
me, startling me. I quickly grabbed it from my pocket and pressed answer.

"Clarissa, we're visiting Australia for a month. To grieve with your grandparents. I'm sorry to take you from school and Lucas but they need you along too," She explained.
I sighed before agreeing, and hanging up.

"What was that about?" Luke asked.

"I'm going to be in Australia for a month to grieve with my grandparents. I'm going to miss you." I sighed.

His eyes suddenly softened, glistening in the saddest way possible. I gave him a concerned look and he just shook his head.

"You can't leave me.. For a whole month. I'll die." He whined. I giggled before pecking his nose quickly.

"You'll be fine. It'll fly by. We'll text and call everyday." I promised.

"You forgot the fact that our time zones will be 17 hours apart." He added. I signed. He was right.

"We'll work through it." I smiled through the pain. Something I've been doing a lot lately.

"When do you leave?" He asked.

"Tomorrow morning."

"Well then, let's make the best of today." He held out his hand and I gladly fit my hand into his, intertwining our fingers.

He led us out the door and into his car. I sat on the passenger side as he drove off into the street.

"Where are we going exactly?" I asked, curiously.

"That is a surprise."

"Everything is a surprise with you, isn't it?" I laughed. He just smirked.

He stopped at a old building in the middle of nowhere. Memories of Calum leaving me flashed in my brain, and worried thoughts flowed through me.

"Come on. I won't leave you, I promise." He laughed, reading my mind.

He took my hand and led me into the old building that seemed to be abandoned. I don't know if this was meant to be romantic, because it surely wasn't. It horrified me if anything.

"This is the place I went to when my parents would fight. The yelling became to much for me. I would just run until I found this place, and sometimes I would even stay here for a few days. The thing is, they never noticed. Never cared. I could be burning to death in front of them, and they would be too distracted in their own argument than to save me. This was my safe place. I want it to mean something to us, like it did to me as a child." He explained. I took in all the information he just told me. He just let me in his life. Which was a huge milestone, therefore this place was already pretty special. I've never let anyone in, and I'm still not ready to do so yet. I'm glad he understands. It's just too early in our relationship, he still hasn't earned back all trust.

His eyes looked right into mine, as if we were communicating. His eyes went from my eyes to my lips in a matter of seconds, before he closed the space between us and our lips collided. Our lips moved in sync, as it started to get heated.

He bit my lip asking for entrance and I gladly let him in as his tongue explored mine. His hands found the hem of my shirt, and I pulled away for a second.

"Not tonight, Luke. I'm sorry, I'm not ready." I felt ashamed as my cheeks turned a shade of pink and looked away.

"It's okay, babe. I'm not forcing you into anything. We don't have to do anything until your ready. I'll always wait for you." He smiled. This is one of the many things I love about Lucas. He's so caring about my feelings; I'm going to miss him so much. I don't know how I'm going to survive a whole month.

I crashed my lips onto his again, and we kept moving our lips for a good 10 minutes. He finally pulled away and smiled at me.

We both got up and walked hand in hand, and he led us to his car. The sun was setting, multiple shades of pink, blue, and orange filled the sky. I find it as if gods angels paint the sky everyday. Every design is beautiful and unique in its own way.

He parked in front of a lake. There was a paddle boat set up in front of the dock, and he walked over to it, with me trailing not to far behind.

We both struggled to get in, but somehow we did it safely.

"How do we use paddles?" I cringed not knowing how we're going to get anywhere.

"I actually have no clue." Luke laughed.

"Wow, smooth Hemmings." I playfully hit his shoulder.

"It can't be that hard to figure out. Just move it in the water." He began moving the paddle in and out of the water, to be only moving us in circles.

"You're getting us nowhere Lucas." I laughed at him struggling.

"Hey! You have to paddle too." He pouted. I picked up the paddle and copied his actions, and we started moving towards the middle of the lake.

We soon got in the middle of the lake, and the sun had completely set. The moonlight was reflecting on the water, and it looked truly beautiful. Luke is more romantic than I initially gave him credit for.

"See, I told you we could do it." He smirked. I giggled.

Luke took my hand in his, and looked me deeply in the eyes. A smile tugged on his lips, showing off his perfect dimples.

"I know it might be a little soon and all, and your going through a lot..." Luke trailed off. Uh oh.

"Clarissa Grace Winters, I love you. I love the way you scrunch up your nose when you laugh, I love how stubborn you are to prove a point, I love how you're so strong, I love how you forgave me after I was a complete jerk to you. You're so beautiful, sweet, caring, strong, and everything I could ever want. I love you Clarissa. So much." He finished, his eyes never leaving mine.

Authors note-

If you think I was going to write a scene of them doing the deed haha yea that's never going to happen im 6 sorry

(I'm not really 6 lol, obviously)

-b