28

*One month later*

Luke's POV

This is going to be my most important performance yet. Why? Because a head producer from one of the biggest record labels is in the crowd. This could be our opportunity, unless of course we mess up and he ends up hating us.

I've gotten used to Calum's snarky remarks, as I've leaned to ignore them as well. He doesn't bother me as much anymore, I wouldn't want it to get in the way of our band.

My palms were sweaty as I picked up my guitar. We were all equally nervous for this show. You could see the anticipation written across our faces.

I carefully made my way onto the stage, immediately spotting the producer. His facial expression was completely blank, impossible to read. I walked over to my microphone, attempting to swallow the lump in my throat.

"Hey, um, we're 5 Seconds of Summer. We're so happy to be here tonight. Thank you all for coming. Here's out of my limit." I introduced, beginning to strum the strings of my guitar.

We all began singing our parts, giving it our all. We sang better than normal, trying to blow him away. However, his facial expression was still unreadable.

By the time we were done with the performance, my stomach began to churn. We exited the stage after thanking the crowd.

We stood there waiting, until we saw the man appear in the doorway.

"I must say, you guys were quite impressive." I could feel the grin rise upon my face.

He just said we were impressive.

"I'd love to have you signed to my record label, Hi or Hey records. You guys would be the first, and hopefully you don't disappoint." He told us, and we all jumped up and formed into a group hug. I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders; I've finally made it somewhere.

"You guys will have to fly out to LA and live there for a bit while we record your album. You'll release some singles in the meantime. Once your album is released we will have you go on tour for it. Then everyone's talking about you, your fame rises, and you've made it. All the simple touch of a record label." He smiled, handing us some papers along with pens.

"Just sign here." He pointed towards the line at the end of the paper. It must be a contract.

I carefully read over the contract before signing my name. We're officially apart of a record label. We're on the road to success.

*
Clarissa's POV

I released my single "The Way" yesterday. It's gotten a lot of feedback as it's topping the charts at number one. I couldn't be more happy. My dreams are finally starting to come true, and it's absolutely amazing.

Luke and I have only shared a few texts here and there, and it's driving me crazy. I miss him more than ever. I don't even know what we are anymore. When the interviewers ask me if I'm single, I usually just say yes although I honestly have no idea what my relationship status is. I still love Luke of course. Who knows what he's doing right now, he could possibly have a new girlfriend. He could've totally forgotten about me at this point. Where as I have not been able to stop thinking about him. We've never been away this long and it's killing me.

Luke-
Boarding the plane to LA!! See ya soon x

My eyes reread the text multiple times before it hit me. Luke's coming back to LA. I'm
going to get to see him. Not that I'm not happy about it, but why is he coming to LA?

Me-
That's great! Not that I'm not happy, but why??

My phone beeped not even a second after I hit send.

Luke-
My band got signed to a record label! The flight is starting, I'll explain the rest when I land!

I couldn't help but notice the smile plastered across my face. He got signed. He's on the road to his dreams just like me. The guilt was honestly eating me alive that I was living his dreams. However, now we both will get to experience it.

Now, I'll get to see him more. Not a lot, though. Seeing as I'm busy in the recording studio and all. He's probably going to be busy too though. His record label is probably going to have them start recording a new album soon as well.

I can't help but think that now our lives will forever be changed. We won't be able to see much of eachother as we'd like. It's just a price we have to pay to have our careers, but I must say it's going to hurt to not be able to see his face everyday like before.

This is all so messed up. Luke and I had a incredible love quickly turned to hatred, replaced by love, replaced by a confusing friendship, now replaced by whatever this is. We're a dysfunctional mess, but I wouldn't want to be a mess with anyone else.

The thought of seeing Calum makes my stomach churn. He's a cheeky little guy, and I don't want to hear his snarky remarks or see his signature smirk that makes me want to throw up.

*

I hear my doorbell ring, and I immediately sprint to the door knowing exactly who it is.

I opened the door to reveal the face that hasn't left my mind for weeks, and I quickly jump into his arms. He wraps his arms around me, enveloping me in a tight hug.

"I've missed you so much." He mutters into my hair, erupting the butterflies that have rested in my stomach.

"I've missed you too." I smile slightly, pulling away. I look into his deep sea blue eyes soon getting lost into them. They never fail to mesmerize me in every way. Everything about him could make me melt into a little puddle among the floor.

My thoughts were soon interrupted by the touch of his lips against mine.

____

they're back!! i didn't want to leave you guys without any action for too long.

tbh i don't know if i like my writing anymore, or this story in general. im just loosing hope in myself, but i'll still continue the story and give it my all.

again, please vote if you've enjoyed. i want to know people's opinions, because it honestly helps me become better as a writer. thank you.

august 18th, 2015, 10:17pm

-b