21

Luke's POV

I took the opportunity to crash my lips against hers, feeling the warmth of her lips again. The way our lips moved in sync, made it more heated by the second. I cupped her cheeks in my hands, deepening the kiss.

She suddenly pulled away, leaving me feeling emptiness. I don't know what this means, but my minds praying that it means we're together again.

"Let's runaway," The words escape her lips, her forehead pressed against mine.

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion, shooting a look her way.

"What about school? Your friends, family, you just want to leave it all?" I pondered, and she nodded without any hesitation.

"We can move to Paris or something. Anywhere far from here, where I never have to encounter him again." She explained, and my eyes softened. She wants to run.

"You know I'd never let him do anything to hurt you, we can't just get up and leave. We have a life here, Clarissa."

"A pretty bad one." She scoffs, pulling her face from mine, giving me a view of her back.

I turn her around, her arms are folded against her chest. Her eyes are full of anger, as they pierce into mine deeply.

"Look, it's just not a good idea-" I get cut off by her chucking loudly.

"What other options do we have at this point! I'm leaving. You either come with me, and we live happily ever after, or you can stay here and sulk with the rest of the problems that lie ahead. I'm not going to sit and wait for the inevitable." She snarls, and I sigh, running a hand through my quiffed hair.

"Fine, I'll go with you. Where would we even go?" I questioned, giving in.

"We can go to Australia. I have loads of family there, we could stay with them until we get into a unviersity." She answered.

"Clarissa, once we leave, there's no coming back. Nothing will be how it used to be. Everything will change, for good." I reminder her, hoping to persuade her to stay. Something tells me it won't work, however.

Her eyes roll, and that's when I'm assured that she has her mind set on this running away pursuit, and will not back down.

"Okay, when do we leave?" I question once again.

"Tomorrow morning, earliest flight we can get." She says, looking up at me.

I found myself agreeing, wanting to be with her no matter what the circumstances. I love her so much, and if dropping everything and running away meant being able to be with her, than so be it. At this point, I will honestly do anything for the stubborn brunette whom I love.

The dimples appeared on her cheeks, as she took my hand and pulled me near the dorms. She found her new dorm, and slowly creaked the door open, dropping my hand immediately when she saw Calum's figure leaning against the door frame.

"Hey, Cal." She whispered, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Where have you been? I've been worried sick. And... why are you with him? I thought you hated him?" He hammered her with questions, and she just sighed.

"I was out getting coffee, and I bumped into Luke. We cleared things up. I'm not ready for college either, I'm going back home with my mom.." She trailed off, avoiding Calum's gaze. You could see the guilt present on her features.

"You're not ready for college? You're doing just fine here! Are you just leaving me for him?" He gestured towards me, and she shook her head quickly.

"N-No, I'm not with him Calum. We're just friends. He wants to get away too. We just don't like it here." She explained, and the words pierced through my heart.

Just friends.

I couldn't tell if she was lying, or if she really thought we were just friends. I couldn't handle being just friends with her. I can't be with her everyday without kissing her or holding her. It's just not something I can handle. I hope that she's just lying to spare Calum's feelings.

"Well can I go with? Since this is a friends trip, and we're all friends right?" He smirked at me, probably noticing the paleness of my face.

"That's sweet, but no. We're just both leaving, we're not going to be together. I'm going to Australia to visit family, I don't know where he's going." She scoffed, folding her arms.

Her words stung, even though she's probably just acting the part. It still hurts hearing such words escape from her lips. I just want to kiss them all away.

"Whatever, have fun." He rolled his eyes, moving away from the door allowing us to enter to get Clarissa's things.

She quickly went to her side of the room, grabbing her bags. She stuffed a couple of things into one of the empty bags, before turning on her heel and joining me once again.

"Most of my stuff is still packed, so I'm ready to go." She spoke, and I nodded.

Calum suddenly appeared once again, and he placed his lips onto Clarissa's. Anger boiled inside of me, as I instantly tensed up. Who does he think he is?

I gritted my teeth together as she pulled away, her eyes wide.

"Calum-"

"It was a goodbye kiss." He smirked, his gaze set on me. He knew what he was doing, and I just wanted to beat him to a pulp.

She grabbed my hand, pulling us out of the dorm faster than expected. She slammed the door behind us, and scoffed.

"He thinks he has the decency to kiss me. What a jerk." She rolled her eyes, as we walked to my dorm. Our old dorm together.

"Are we really just friends?" I questioned, my eyebrows knitted together.

"I-I don't know what we are, Luke. I love you so much, but I don't know if I exactly forgive you yet.." She answered, her eyes gleaming of sympathy.

"Well, that's okay. I'll wait for you. I'll always wait for you, Clarissa."

___

Until next time loves!

-b