17

Songs of the chapter-

Half a Heart - One Direction

Almost Is Never Enough - Ariana Grande

You Need Me, I Don't Need You - Ed Sheeran

Clarissa's POV

I woke up with arms wrapped tightly around my torso, looking over to see Calum. His mouth was slightly open, his eyes were fluttered shut and light snores were escaping his mouth. He looked so peaceful, it was quite adorable.

I slowly tried to wiggle out of his firm grip, failing miserably as he pulled me even closer into his chest.

"Calum," I groaned.

"Stay with me, please," His raspy voice spoke.

"I will, but I need to get ready. We have class today, you know." I looked over to him and he just groaned.

"Fine." He whined.

His hold on me was released as I walked over to his bathroom to get ready. I picked out a grey oversize sweater with tribal print leggings, and combat boots. I opened the tube of eyeliner to do a quick wing, apply mascara afterwords. I pulled my hair up into a messy bun. I looked in the mirror, satisfied with my appearance, before walking out of the bathroom to lay eyes on a sleeping Calum.

"Come on Calum, get up. You can't sleep all day. Classes start in a half hour." I say, shaking him lighting. He groans before turning on his side to face me. When his eyes rested on me, they went wide as he looked me up and down.

"Clarissa..." He choked. My cheeks turned a shade of pink as I looked to the ground, the corner of my lips tugged into a smile.

"Come on and get ready!" I exclaimed, and he rolled his eyes before moping his way out of bed, into the bathroom. I sighed in relief that he was up and ready.

I pulled out my phone to see 51 messages from Luke, 39 missed calls, and 13 voicemails. I rolled my eyes immediately, before unlocking my phone and ignoring all of them. I opened my Instagram app, that I've never seemed to use, and decided to give it a try.

I quickly snapped a selfie of me doing the duck lips and posted it to Instagram without any caption. Likes started filling up my feed, and heart eye emojis were suddenly commented all over my picture. Why is everyone liking my picture? I'm just Clarissa.

That's when I forgot, I'm sort of popular at this university. Since Lola took me into her squad and all, I'm now apart of their popularity statuses. Therefore I get many likes and comments. Well, that's cool, I guess? The next liked almost made me jump out of my seat.

luke_is_a_penguin liked your photo.

My breath hitched, before I sighed. I should've known he'd see it. Not that I should care, right? He's just a guy I used to date. Simple as that. He can like all my pictures if he wants, that doesn't mean anything. He's just another one of the various likes, nothing more.

I find myself tapping on his username, his profile popping up. He has 5 five photos, all of them making me want to burst into tears.

The first picture is a selfie, his mouth in a wide smile. The second one is a picture of us together. I suddenly cringe. Why doesn't he delete it? We're not together anymore. The third is of Ed Sheeran, captioned as his idol. The fourth one is another one of us, and I sigh. He really loved me. Too bad he messed it up for us. He always seemed to be really good at that. The last one is another selfie of him doing a pouty face. My heart shatters into pieces when I see that was posted yesterday.

He truly looks heartbroken about our relationship downfall. He shouldn't be, though. It's his fault. I know what he did, and I honestly know that there isn't any other explanation for that view. Something in my gut tells me he slept with her, which doesn't ease my nerves. He ruined it, he should know that. He deserves to be heartbroken. I'm going to have fun, while he mops around regretting his life. I have have Calum, and that's all I need.

Calum came out in a white tee, and tight black pants. His hair was styled in a quiff, going in the perfect direction. He was hot, I must admit.

"Ready to go?" I asked, now only having 15 minutes before class starts.

"No, but we can go anyway." He smirked. I giggled at his comment, before grabbing my bag and walking out of Calum's dorm.

I instantly forgot that I get my new dorm tonight. I'm glad I'll finally be officially away from Luke, but I'll still have to face him in class and when I go to remove my things. Something tells me he'll he waiting around the dorm until I finally walk in, ambushing me with fake excuses or apologies. I'm just not up for that at the moment, but if it means getting it over with, I might aswell do it tonight. I can't exactly stay at Calum's forever.

We walked into the building, and went our separate ways as I found my first class.

I sat in my seat, anxiously waiting for Luke to walk in. Unfortunately, I have most of my classes with him. He even sits behind me. I pray that he doesn't try to talk to me, I can't handle dealing with him right now. I'm here to get my degree, and that's all. I don't need him ruining my college experiences. He's done enough of that for high school.

Luke walks in, his hair ruffled up. The bags under his eyes are evident. He wears his usual black jeans, and a wrinkled black tee. He looks like he hasn't slept in a year. His eyes make their way to mine. The blue sparkle is gone. You can only see emotion. He quickly looks down, speeding over to his seat behind me. My heart shatters, again. He looks like he's in so much pain. My heart aches for him. He did it to himself.

The whole class, I couldn't help but focus on Luke. I could feel his eyes burning into the back of my head, and I sighed. This hurts. A lot.

When lunch rolled around, I found Lola's table. The usual crew was sitting around her, and I took the seat next to her.

"Hey, Clarissa! You're back with the crew, huh?" She smiled, pulling me into a big hug.

"So, what happened between you and Luke? The topic has made everyone talking. It's the biggest gossip around the university." Lindsey spoke. I rolled my eyes. Of course it is. Great.

"Well, I saw him in bed with another girl. So I took out the trash." I snapped. They all looked at me with shocked faces.

"Oh my gosh, what a douche. I'd dump him right away aswell. Any rebounds yet?" Lola smirked.

"Actually, yes. Calum Hood." I answered. Their mouths hung wider, and I laughed at them.

"Great, girl! You show Luke you can get whoever you want, and that he's lucky he ever even had you! Don't forget who you are, Clarissa. You literally could get any guy at this school. They all are head over heels for you." Lola assured me. I blushed slightly, looking away.

The lunch bell rang, and before I knew it the day was over. I have to collect my things after class, and that would be right now.

I nervously make my way to my dorm, ready to face Luke.

___

Clarissa's sassy side comes out?

I hope you guys are enjoying the story! Thank you for reading, it means a lot to me. Love you guys!

xoxo,
Brooklyn