37

Luke's POV

As a couple hours passed, we had completed the song. We were all beyond proud of it. It brought us closer to them, that's for sure.

Clarissa and I haven't seen each other in a couple weeks. We've sent a couple texts here and there, but we haven't actually talked. I've been trying to keep her out of my head, and I don't know why. Normally I'd be running to her in a moments notice. Yet here I am, trying to move on from it. Simply because that's what she asked of me.

I guess maybe I also realized I can't become dependent on her. I have my own dreams to carry on, as does she. We have to be independent. We have to get used to not speaking for months, because that's how this new life will be like. No matter how much it hurts us.

"Let's go meet the fans," Ashton snapped me out of my thoughts.

Calum and Michael were out writing today, so Ashton and I were sitting around in the hotel. We didn't feel like going anywhere due to the hundreds of fans awaiting our arrival outside. It's difficult to get through, so we like to do it as little as possible.

"That's going to be a hassle." I groaned.

"Don't you want to make them happy? They think of us like we thought of All Time Low when we met them. They're spending time out of their lives to sit outside of our hotel and wait for us, no matter how long it takes. I think they deserve to meet us, Luke." He scowled.

"Of course they do. I'm just not in the mood at the moment."

"Luke, please? It'll be quick, we'll just get a quick picture with them and leave." He begged. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine. I'm doing it for them, however. Not the puppy dog eyes you're pulling at the moment." I chuckled at his facial expression.

We walked down the corridor, examining the red painted walls. The furry black carpet beneath my feet somehow gave the hotel a certain vibe I couldn't comprehend. I liked it.

The lobby came into view, awakening the fans. Screams roared throughout the lobby, as they all ran our way.

"Hold on, guys. Get in a line please and they'll get pictures with you, only if you do as I say." Our body guard stepped in, guiding the fans. They did as instructed, forming a straight line across the lobby, phones in the ready.

I felt like a automatic robot, smiling the same smile, making the same pose for each person. It kept going on for hundreds of girls, leaving my cheeks sore from the constant smiles.

None of it feels the same without Clarissa. When living my dreams, I want her beside me experiencing them with me. However, I guess that isn't an option anymore.

After we finished taking pictures, Ashton and I went back up into the hotel room. It seems after you smile for their picture they're content. None of them actually care about meeting us and having a conversation, they just want the pictures to brag about on Twitter. Whatever.

"I'm tired, Ashton." I spoke.

"Okay. Go to sleep then."

"Not physically tired. Emotionally tired. I just don't see a point in doing any of this anymore. It's all a blur."

"Luke? How could this not make you happy? Isn't this everything you've wanted since you could strum the cords of a guitar? You're leaving your dreams. Forget about Clarissa. It'll be better for you. You can't keep putting yourself down like this, you know. Go out there and do extraordinary things and enjoy them. You're young and free." He answered. The thoughts of what he said lingered there for a while. Till I decided he was correct.