27

Luke's POV

I stood with my guitar in my hands, inching closer to the microphone. The crowd silenced themselves in anticipation for us to begin.

I strung out the first few cords, soon being joined by the bass and drum parts. I opened my mouth, as the lyrics flew out of me.

Even when the sky is falling down
Even when the earth is crumbling around my feet

Even when we try to say goodbye
You could cut the tension with a knife in here
Cause I know what'll happen
If we get through this

And if the earth ends up crumbling down to its knees baby
We just gotta get out
And if the skyscrapers tumble down and crash around baby
We just gotta get out

Everything around me was black in white as I sang out the lyrics, forgetting about everything. I couldn't wipe off the smile plastered on my face. The feeling of it was unexplainable. I felt so free, and I felt as if this is where I belong. I was meant to be here on stage performing to my hearts content. I absolutely loved every minute of it.

Finally the song came to an end, and the crowd roared with appreciation. They actually liked us.

"Thank you everybody, that was Gotta Get Out." I smiled as the applause increased.

I felt as if I was living the dream, until I came back into the reality that I'm only in a small bar. I'm unnoticed. No one outside of this bar knows or cares who we are. However everyone knows who Clarissa is- and everyone loves her. The anger boils inside me once again, as we leave the stage.

"What's wrong?" Ashton asked, a confused look upon his face.

"Nothing, I just miss someone." I lied swiftly. He seemed to believe me, as he nodded and turned towards Michael.

"Missing someone? Clarissa?" Calum smirks from beside me. I instantly roll my eyes.

"Could you just leave me alone? I'm not in the mood." I snap. Calum fakes a hurt expression, causing me to roll my eyes again.

"You know, we used to be the best of friends Hemmings. What ever happened to that?" He pouted, as I roll my eyes once again.

"Well I obviously wasn't aware that I was friends with such a douche as yourself." I replied, walking off to the dressing room.

Being in this band is going to drive me insane.

Clarissa's POV

I hear the ringing of my phone, and I pick it up to see Luke's name flashed upon the screen.
I was wondering when he'd finally call.

"Hello?" I said, biting my lip. I'm anxious to hear his voice again.

"Hey, babe," He answered, not failing to send shivers down my spine at the choice of words.

"How's it going with the band?" I asked, trying to make simple conversation.

"Calum is driving me absolutely crazy. I don't know how much longer I can work with him. Other than that, we played our first gig tonight and it went amazing." I could practically hear the smile plastered on his face, bringing a smile onto my own face as well.

"Well, I'm glad it went well. I miss you." I sighed. I miss him so much.

"I miss you too. Since both of us are so busy we haven't been talking as much as we'd planned, and it's killing me."

"It's killing me too. It's nice to live the dream, but it's not as nice being separated from you like this. I guess it's just the price we have to pay." I fought the tears from slipping. I will not cry over this.

"Hey, I gotta go. I'll text you tomorrow okay?" He said, and I quickly agreed after realizing it should be about midnight there. Different timezones and all.

I fell onto my old bed, boredom creeping up my spine. I was supposed to go to the studio today to start recording some of my new album.

New album? Yes, new album. Everyone loved my single after it was released, so now we had a team of song writers come together and write some songs for my album. They wrote about 30 songs, so now I'm going to record all of them and after they're all finished I get to choose a final 15 to go on the album.

I'm trying not to be one of those one hit wonders you see every now and then. They get talked about non stop for a period of time, and then everyone just forgets about them. I want to be someone no one will forget. I want people to constantly hear my music on the radio, and instantly recognize my voice.

Releasing an album will hopefully do that, so we're trying to get it finished as soon as possible. They told me it would probably be released in a couple of months, but I'll release a few singles here and there to keep my 'fans' on their feet.

"Come on Clarissa, we gotta go down to the studio now!" I heard my mother shout, and I quickly joined her in the car.

*

I stepped into the booth, a large microphone awaiting. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I looked around the recording studio. It was absolutely amazing, and I know this place will be a great distraction from Luke.

"Okay, so first we're gonna record The Way." The man on the other side of the glass spoke, and I just nodded.

The music soon began playing, and I sang out the words getting completely lost in the music. It's not much different from being on stage, except it's more secluded.

Once I was finished recorded the song, an unfamiliar face walked into the booth.

"Hey, I'm Mac Miller and I must say it is a pleasure to be able to work with you." He smiled, extending out his hand for me to shake. I shook his hand politely, furrowing my eyebrows towards the manager. He just shrugged.

I had no idea I was going to be working with someone..

___

My goal is for this story to be 40 parts, I think it's a reasonable length without dragging the story along longer than needed. I will be working on other stories as well, so go ahead and check those out when you can please.

august 7th

-b