22

Clarissa's POV

I woke up to feel a arm wrapped tightly around my waist. I groaned before turning around to face a sleeping Luke. His mouth was slightly open, and his eyes were fluttered shut. He looked absolutely adorable when he's sleeping.

No matter how adorable the sight in front of me was, I knew we had to get going. I gently shook his shoulders, and his eyes slowly fluttered open to meet mine.

"We have to start getting ready, we don't want to miss our flight!" I stated enthusiastically.

He just groaned before turning onto his side, ignoring my words. He was not much of a morning person.

However, I continued on with getting ready. I brushed out the tangles of my hair, and threw on some shorts, a white tank top and a black sweatshirt. I applied the usual mascara, and winged eyeliner, and headed out of the bathroom to see Luke still lazily laying on the bed.

"Seriously Luke, I'm not missing this flight. I'm leaving in 15 minutes with or without you." I spoke, and he instantly shot up.

"That's what I thought." I smirked, sitting on one of the couches and pulling out my phone.

I opened the Twitter app, scrolling through my feed. I decided to tweet a goodbye to
the people who follow me from the university, to be polite I guess.

Gonna miss all you beautiful babes! Off to Australia x

As soon as I tweeted it, my notifications blew up. Favorites and retweets constantly popped up on my phone. Soon I'd be forgotten here, however. I know this attention will die down soon.

Luke appeared in the room 13 minutes later, his hair freshly quiffed. Tight black jeans hugged his legs, and a nirvana tee was covering his torso. His usual look, of course.

"Okay, let's go!" I chirped, grabbing his hand and pulling him out of the dorm.

We pilled our things into the trunk of Luke's car, before driving off into the direction of the airport.

The anticipation was wild. I just couldn't wait for a fresh start. Without the drama with everyone back in California.

Luke's hand suddenly moved to my thigh, sending tingles throughout my body.

"You know, I haven't told you yet today that you look absolutely stunning, Clarissa. You always do." He smiled, never taking his eyes off of the road.

With that, my cheeks turned a shade of pink. I looked at my feet, trying to hide it.

Normally I've become quite confident, but it seems as when Luke says things like that I just loose all control. I can't help but feel shy and nervous

"Thanks. I could... Um I could say the say for you." I replied sheepishly, and he just chuckled lightly at the affect he's having on me.

We finally arrived at the airport, and we removed our bags from the trunk. I couldn't even bare the excitement by the time we made it inside.

We boarded the plane, and I quickly took the window seat before Luke had the chance. I love watching the clouds pass by, it just gives off such a relaxing vibe.

Luke groans, as he sits beside me.

"Why do you get the window seat?" He whined, and I just smirked.

And with that, we were suddenly taking flight.

**

The dim lighting cascaded throughout the quaint bedroom of my grandmother's house. A floral print design covered the walls, with a double bed and old fashion mirror.

Luke was in the room across from mine, knowing my grandma would never allow us staying in the same room. No, this isn't like the books where the relatives encourage everything. My grandma simply thinks I'm too young, even though I am 18. Besides, I told her we were just friends. Even though the smug look plastered on her face showed she wasn't fooled.

I suddenly heard the door creak open, and I turned my head to see Luke standing in the door frame. The corners of his lips tugged into a smile, and I just returned the action.

Honestly, I was beyond confused at this point. I don't know what Luke and I are, or what I want us to be. I don't fully forgive him, yet I don't know if I ever can. It really hurt me. Yet here I am, across the world with him. I can't help my feelings towards him- it's like we have this magnetic force to the point where we literally can't stay away.

I don't want to stay away.

It would also be easier if I could know what's running through Luke's head as well. When he places his hand over mine, when he sends me a small smile, what is he thinking? Is it a friendly gesture? Is he waiting for me to confess? I desperately yearned for the answers to those questions that lingered throughout my brain. However, I want brave enough to ask.

I don't know why, but I have this slight fear of rejection.

Okay, maybe more than slight.

I really thought I was more confident than this, yet here I am, terrified to even look at him. Why am I suddenly so afraid? He hurt me, I should be the one looking down upon him while he's begging on his knees for me. Yet here I am, avoiding his firing gaze that'd been set on me for quite a bit now.

"Clarissa?" His voice snapped me out of my thoughts, and I turned towards him and smiled warmly.

"Yeah?" I asked, acting as innocent as possible. The expression on his face told me it wasn't working.

"What's up? You seem a bit off." He questioned, knitting his eyebrows together.

"I'm just tired." I lied smoothly.

"Okay."

Phew.

"Now, why don't you tell me the real reason."

Nevermind.

"Well, I just don't really know what to do from this point on. I'm just confused for what the future holds." I shrug, and his eyes just look deeply into mine.

"I don't know about my future either, but all I know I that you're in it." He pecked my cheek, and with that, I was speechless.

___

Aww, Lurissa is coming back!

-b