25

Clarissa's POV

His lips were pulled off mine, our foreheads resting against each other's. All you could hear was the heavy panting as we tried to catch our breath.

"I've missed this so much," I breathed, Luke nodding and smiling.

"Can we go back to this? I won't screw up this time. I've learned from my mistake, and you've given me plenty of time to think everything through. I promise I won't hurt you, I'd never want to hurt you." He whispered, and I bit my lip. I don't know what to do.

I honestly want to forgive him. To just jump in his arms and make out the rest of the night. However, I know it's not as simple as that. There's much more to it. He says he won't hurt me, but I don't really know that. Unless Luke really is my forever, we're just going to end in tears. And that scares me.

I guess it'll be worth the risk though, right? If it really is meant to be my forever. I should give him another chance. He deserves it.

I placed my lips on top of his once again, and he responded quickly. I put my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. His tongue fought with mine intensely, battling for dominance.

"I'm taking that as a yes?" Luke pulled away slightly, making me giggle.

"Of course it's a yes." I smirked.

Suddenly my phone started ringing in my pocket, and I froze when I noticed the contact name.

"H-Hello?" I stuttered after pressing the accept button.

"Hello, Clarissa. I'm apart of Ellen's management, and she'd love to have you here on the show tomorrow at 2pm, how does that sound?" I suddenly freeze. I'm in Australia, Ellen's in California.

"Oh, I don't know.. I'm in Australia right now with family." I bit my lip, not knowing what to do.

"You could make it here just in time if you made the next plane out. That doesn't give you much time to think, but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity sweetheart. It's not something easy to turn down." He added, and I sighed.

"Yeah, I'll be there as soon as I can." I replied.

"Great! See you here tomorrow." With that he ended the call, leaving me with a confused Luke.

"What was that all about?" He wondered.

"Ellen wants me on her show, and I'm taking the next flight to California." I answered, stuffing a bunch of my clothes in a suitcase. Something I've been doing a lot lately.

"What? That's amazing! But you can't just leave. Are you planning on coming back, or-"

"Luke. My dreams can't come true here in Australia anymore. LA is the perfect place to become famous and it all just works out there. I'm going to have my stuff shipped there after I arrive." I sighed, and his eyes were glossy.

"I have to stay here, Clarissa. My band is here. My dreams are here. You're the one who wanted to move here in the first place! You can't just keep expecting me to drop everything I do to follow you around and do what you want to do. Couldn't you think of me for once?" He shouted, his face flushed red with anger.

"I gave you another chance! You should be grateful your even in a ten foot radius of me right now! I'm going to go follow my dreams with or without you Luke." I snapped, zipping up my suitcase.

"Fine. I'm staying here. But where am I supposed to stay? I can't stay in your grandmas house without you here." He sighed, running a hand through his blonde hair.

"Go live with Ashton or something. He lives alone, doesn't he? I'm sure you won't be much of a burden." I told him, plopping onto the bed. I sat there and looked over to Luke, to find his eyes piercing into mine.

"Fine. I will. Bye, have fun living the Hollywood dream!" He rolled his eyes, slamming the door shut.

I felt the tears prickling in my eyes, but I didn't allow them to slip. I'm tired of crying, and I am most definitely not crying over Luke. I've wasted enough of my tears on him.

I don't know what this means for us. Are we still dating, but just in an argument? Long distance relationships don't last long, I can tell, but I'm hoping we can change that for ourselves.

I checked the earliest flight, which happened to be 9:25pm, in an hour. I walked down the steps, and left a note for my grandma so she wouldn't freak out in the morning.

I called a taxi and climbed in the back seat, telling him to go to the airport. I shuffled with my bags before leaning back in the seat, waiting to arrive.

**

Once we arrived at the airport, I thanked the taxi driver and handed him my money. I rolled my suitcase into the building, walking over to the front desk.

After that I boarded the plane, sitting alone next to the window. So many thoughts pondered through my head, but I ignored them all as I sat my head on the armrest and soon fell asleep.

**

I was back in my old room, placing mascara onto my eyelashes carefully. I landed a couple hours ago, and I will be on the show in an hour and a half. It takes about 20 minutes to get there, so I'm currently getting ready.

Luke's words still stung into my veins, but I continued to brush them off. I knew I'd have to confront them at one point, but now is not the time.

I'm going to perform the first song I covered, Die In Your Arms, and boy was I scared. My hands were shaky, and I felt like I was going to throw up.

I pulled my hair into a pony tail, and let it fall down my spine. I was wearing a black and white dress, that reached down to my mid thigh. My make up was a bit more fancy, but nothing too special.

Once it was time to leave, I grabbed my car keys and made my way towards Ellen's studio.

___

They had to leave each other to pursue their dreams aw

I start school in 3 days. My sleeping schedule is completely messed up, and it honestly can't be fixed in such short time. so here's to no sleep!! :) haha

see y'all next chapter

august 28, 2015, 12:31pm

-b