10

Clarissa's POV

I was awoken from Luke's voice softly telling me to wake up.

We were already in the hospital, he must've carried me inside.

I need her to be okay. She has to be okay. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do if she's not okay. We're like best friends. I can't handle loosing anyone else.

The nurse finally told me I could come in, and I slowly dragged myself towards the door of the room she was in. I don't know if I can handle it, but I have to see her. Say goodbye, even if it's the last thing I wanna do.

Once I opened the door, revealed my sister lifeless lying there asleep. Bruises and scratches filled her body, as her chest slowly rose and fell. Pain was written all over her body. Maybe it'd be best for her to go.. I don't want her to be in pain, either. I just don't want to loose her. However, I shouldn't be so selfish as to wish for her to stay if it'd be best for her to go to a better place. To get out of this cruel reality we call our home, our lives.

I walked up to the hospital bed, sat in the nearest chair and held her hand tight. My tears spilled onto her fingers, and her eyes fluttered open. I almost started bawling right there, just looking at her.

"Clarissa, hey." She muttered weakly. A smile came across her face.

"Hey, Claire." I smiled.

"Even if this is the end.. Please be okay. For me. I know you've struggled, but you can make it through. You are ever so strong. I believe in you. I might not be here physically, but I will always be there mentally. I love you."

Tears dropped and dropped at this point, I couldn't hold back any longer.

"I will be okay, Claire. I promise. I'll do it for you. I get my strength, if anything, from you. I love you so much." I looked at her one last time, and walked out of the room.

**

I was cuddled into Luke's arms in the hospital waiting room for 6 hours now. Claire is still alive and fighting strong. I don't know if she'll pull through, but she just might. I wasn't lying when I talked about how strong she was. She was the kid you didn't want to mess with on the playground. She was sassy, stook up for herself, yet at the same time was one of the most caring people I have ever met. I don't know how she can even manage to be all of those things, but she does. I respect her so much for it.

If anything, I should be the sister to go. Claire was always the impressive one. Smart, beautiful, kind, strong, and more. Then there was me, the disappointment. I'm not very pretty, I'm definetly not smart, I'm rude, and I'm not nearly as strong as her.

I accidently woke Luke up by trying to get up to see Claire. He immediatly warped his arm around me tighter and kissed my cheek.

"Where are you going, babe?" He questions.

"I was planning to see Claire, but I guess I shouldn't. I want to do something, though. Waiting here for hours just to find out she's dead is depressing. I need to get my mind off of all of this, before I just completely give up, Luke. Take me somewhere, please." I looked into his eyes.

"Are you sure? She's your sister, won't you feel bad if she slipped away while you were gone?" He says worried.

"I'll be fine, Luke. We already said our goodbyes. I can't handle anymore goodbyes." I sighed. It was true. My life was a goodbye after the other. I don't understand why they say "good" bye. They were almost never good.

Luke grabbed my hand as we walked out of the hospital doors.

**

Luke ended up taking me to a lake. I don't know what fun this is, but I guess it's something.

He smirked at me before pulling off his shirt. I basically drooled over his beautiful abs, but let's not bring that up shall we? He ran off the doc and jumped into the cool lake water. A big splash followed after his body collided with the water.

He swam uo to the surface of the water, and gestured his hands for me to jump in too. I looked around nervously before shaking my head no.

"Come on, Clarissa. Why not?" He pouted.

"I don't wanna swim in my clothes and I am most certainly not taking off my clothes, so don't even suggest it Lucas." I scolded giving him a look.

"Clarissa. You were the one who said you wanted to do something that gets your mind off of your sister. This is the perfect opprotunity. You gotta be a little more risky. Be adventurous, while you still have the chance too. We won't have this chance forever.

I sighed thinking about his proposal. I guess it would get my mind off of it. He's also right, I need to be more adventurous. Have fun while I still can. I am in college after all.

I ran off the doc and jumped into the water. I instantly felt the freezing water around me, and quickly swam up to the surface. Luke smiled at me sweetly. He grabbed my neck, and looked deep into my eyes. He finally leaned in, and pressed his lips against mine.

After a couple of minutes, he pulled away. He playfully splashed me, and swam off. I rolled my eyes, swimming after him. Once I caught up to him, I jumped onto his back.

"You can't get away now!" I laughed evilly.

I started splashing him until he disappeared under the water.

"Okay, you win!" He surrenders returning to the surface.

**

I was sitting in the hospital waiting room again. I hated being here, but I knew I needed to. Luke and I had a blast, and I'm glad I got to have a last fun moment for a while.

Claire is still pulling through, after 5 more hours. That's something I would never have been able to do. If I were her, I would've given up a long time ago. I don't have much to live for anyway. Luke, maybe. He'd move on though. I'm no one to cry over.

I decided to go into her room again. I know I said I wanted no more goodbyes, but I have to. If I don't I will feel guilty the rest of my life, and I don't know if I would ever let it go.

Claire was even worse than before. Her face was as pale as a ghost. Her chest rose even slower than before. Her eyes were slightly opened as she looked at me.

I took the same seat next to her again. I grabbed onto her hand, and just smiled at her.

"It's okay to let go, Claire. You've fought enough for me. You don't have to be strong. Sometimes it's okay to be weak. I love you more than anything no matter what." I say, tears dripping down my cheek.

Just after I spoke the words, her eyes slowly shut and the monitor started beeping.

**

I feel so bad ending it badly to where her sister dies, but I guess it added drama to the story! I hope y'all can forgive me haha.

Anyways, I've started track and pretty much everyday I run for two hours after school and get home at 5:00. My legs are hella sore. Even though when you're reading this, I'll be a month into track already so irk what I'm even doing lol.

-b