34

Luke's POV

I firmly pressed my knuckles against the hard wood that is Clarissa's front door. I feel bad leaving her unnoticed last night, considering we've been spending everyday together. It probably wasn't a big deal to her, but it just didn't feel right to me.

The door opened to reveal Clarissa, her hair tied up in a messy bun. Her attire was rather casual- grey sweatpants and a baggy blue t-shirt. However, this look doesn't make her look any less beautiful. She'd look gorgeous in anything.

"Hey! How did it go with the band?" She smiled warmly, moving aside the doorframe, granting me access.

"Pretty good actually. I'd say we're real friends now. Oddly as that is." I chuckled, walking into her ever familiar home.

"You know, we outta get our own apartment soon. Always being in my mom's house doesn't suite my fancy. You're staying here permanently, right?" She brought up, sitting on the leather couch placed in her living room.

"I think I am, but I'm not for sure. We should get one, though. Even if I'm not permanently here, it's a place for us to go when we're here. Plus, I'd absolutely love to live with you again. This time without it being a dorm, however." I assured, taking a seat next to her. A smile tugged on her lips, making her dimple prominent. I slowly leaned in, firmly pressing my lips against hers. I couldn't resist the urge to kiss her beautifully shaped lips.

Her hands found their way to my hair,  tugging on it slightly. She knows it drives me absolutely crazy when she does that. I deepened the kiss, feeling it get more heated by the second. I could feel her smiling against the kiss, and I couldn't help but smile as well. Being with her makes me the happiest person on the planet. It feels like it's just us. The rest of the world doesn't seem to exist when I'm with her.

She pulled away for a slight second, bringing her lips to my ear slowly.

"I love you so much," She whispered, trailing her lips down my neck until her lips found their way back to mine.

Nothing could feel more perfect.

*

Clarissa's POV

Taylor and Selena invited me to go out to their friend Karlie's house. Of course, I accepted willingly. I absolutely adored spending time with them. Even if it means less time with Luke. (Not that I want less time with him, I love him.)

We were each going to meet there, and I couldn't wait. I'm anxious to meet the people who are supposedly supposed to be my new best friends. What if they were all rude? If you compare this situation to Mean Girls, they're all going to be obnoxious snobs. Hopefully the stereotypes aren't true and they're as sweet as Selena and Taylor.

I got into my car, starting up the ignition. I've always despised driving, it's such a hassle. I've gotten used to it, however. I pulled out of the driveway making my way onto the street. I kept driving until once I got to a light, there was a car that wouldn't stop. The light was red.

It was coming right at me.

The last thing I remember is the slice of pain running through my chest when the car collided with mine.

Luke's POV

"Hey, Michael, pass the popcorn. You've been hogging it all morning." I groaned.

"Yes, because it's my popcorn. Not yours." He snarled back.

"I don't see your name on it. I don't think you 'own' the popcorn. Hate to burst your bubble though." I fired back, reaching for the popcorn myself. He just sent a vicious glare my way, causing me to return a fake smile.

"You guys are sad. Fighting over popcorn?" Ashton giggled.

Yes, Ashton giggled. He does that quite often. I've learned to get used to it. Weird little lad at that.

"Calum, you've been smiling giddy all morning now. Care to tell us what's happened?" Michael pondered, causing a blush to creep up the kiwi boy's cheeks.

It's true. Calum has had this huge grin plastered upon his face all morning. He looks oddly happy. Happier than usual.

"Nothing!" He yelled, his face getting redder by the second.

"Come on, Calum. It's obviously something. Your face is redder than a tomato. Now spill." I spoke, turning towards him.

"Fine. I met this girl," A bunch of ooh's and awe's were passed around the room, as well as a few congratulations. "And we happen to be very fond of each other. Something I haven't found in a while. We went on a date last night, and let me just say, it went perfectly. I haven't been this happy in ages. I think she could possibly be the one for me."

"That's great! I told you you'd find the one. Now what's here name? How old is she? What does she look like? Tell us everything." I said in a valley girl voice, placing my hand on my hip.

They all chuckled at my actions, before turning to face Calum once again.

"Well, let's just say her name is Selena Gomez. That should answer all the other questions for you." he smirked proudly. He got a famous singer to go out with him. Of course he did.

We all started giving him pats on the back, congratulating him, etc. I'm actually very happy for him. I feel really bad about taking Clarissa from him, but now that doesn't matter. He's found someone new.

I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket, and I took it out to reveal Clarissa's Mom flashed upon my screen. Why would she be calling me? She's never called me before.. this can't be a good sign..

"Hello," I answered hesitantly. I could barely keep the phone steady as my hands were shaking more than ever before.

"Luke, Clarissa," She choked, sobbing. Oh my god. "She's been hit by a car. At full speed, it.. it's n-not good. She's not doing g-good. Please get to the hospital as soon as you can." She choked out, her words not functioning properly. But hey, at least she could speak. I couldn't even do that.

I got up and ran out of Ashton's apartment as fast as I possibly could, ignoring the numerous question they were shouting my way.

What if she's not okay? What if she doesn't make it?

________

Hey guys! Do you think Clarissa will make it, or will she join her sister in the clouds?

Hope I've left ya at a cliff hanger, haha.

-b