Spark 52

Chapter 52

Same Woman

"I already order our food. I hope you don't mind." aniyang nanatili pa rin ang titig sa akin.

Tumikhim ako at tumango. "S-Sure,"

I don't know why I feel a little bit happy thinking he probably remember all of my prefer foods that he cared to order already without asking me.

Nanatili kaming tahimik ng ilang sandali. I was hesitant to talk because he's too silent and serious. Hinintay ko na lang muna na dumating ang mga pagkain bago ako naglakas loob na magsalita.

"Uh... how's your work? Hindi ka ba busy ngayon?" panimula ko, hindi pa sigurado kung tama ba ang naitanong dahil sa kaba.

Uminom siya ng tubig bago ako tiningnan at sinagot. "I have free time."

"Akala ko ilang araw pa ang hihintayin ko bago tayo makapag-usap. I'm glad you texted me."

Hindi siya sumagot at tinitigan lang ako. For some reason, I feel like he wanted me to talk already and stop with the chitchat. Kinalma ko ang sarili ko.

"I'm so sorry if ever this takes a lot of your time. I just really want to talk to you."

"It's fine."

Suminghap ako. "I just came back few weeks ago. Hinanap kita pero wala ka na pala sa police office. I'm confused why you left but I'm glad that you're doing well right now."

"I'm glad you came back. I'm glad that you're doing well too."

Nagkatinginan kami. He's serious and stoic, but I can see he's sincere. Ngumiti ako.

"I wanted to tell you many things..." sabi ko, nagbabara na ang lalamunan. "But I'll start with asking for apology. I'm so sorry... for what I did years ago."

He silently gasped. I bit my lower lip and continued.

"I know I was wrong. I was hurt and selfish. I was all thinking of my pain without thinking you're hurt too. It took me years to say this, but I want you to know that I can see you're hurting, Klein. I know I hurt you a lot. I know you suffered the same pain as mine. I'm so sorry for everything."

"You don't need to be sorry. Whatever you had feel years back, it's valid."

"I left you the most painful words you wouldn’t want to hear that time. I hurt you so much. I didn't even hear your explanation. I was so angry." I bit my lower lip harder. "I'm so sorry. I want you to know that... I want to hear your side too."

Kahit taon na ang nagdaan. Kahit hindi ako siguradong sasabihin pa ba niya ang panig niya. I want to hear his thoughts too much. Iyon ang hindi ko ginawa noon na pinagsisihan ko. I want to cope up with him.

"It's all in the past now, Shiana." I don't know why my heart suddenly clenched upon hearing him saying my name. "Whatever lies in the present, it's all that matter."

Umiling ako. I don't want him to think that I'm not thinking about the past. I don't want him to think that I'm living freely now as if I didn't hurt him before.

"Umalis ako nang hindi nagpaalam sa'yo noon dahil sa galit. I was so hurt and angry that I wanted a break. I know I was wrong but I wanted to heal. I wanted to clear up everything. Kung ano pang mga kasinungalingan ang hindi nasasabi sa akin. I wanted to be out for a while. To give time for myself. To think better."

"As you should." he said. "You did what's right, Shiana. There's nothing to be sorry about."

"I wanted to hear your side."