Basket 6

Third POV

The day after their practice game with Kaijo, and after finally making up after much time had passed, (Y/N) felt a piece of the weight that had been on her shoulders for so long had finally begun lifting off, making her conscience feel lighter.

However, that couldn't be said about her eyes. If the truth were being told, she was absolutely exhausted from the practice match. And the questions that followed afterwards. The girl's nose hadn't healed all that much, the bruising peaking at its worst. Her classmates obviously showed concern, more in the male department, but she had to simply explain with a smile that she had taken a fall during their practice game the day before.

Not only that, but the area around her injured lip was a light shade of green and yellow, a bandaid still covering it to keep her stitches in. It wasn't bothering her all that much though. What was bothering her, Kuroko, and Kagami was their fatigue.

The teacher had been lecturing to them for awhile, a very boring lecture, and the (h/c) haired girl could barely keep her eyes open, leaning her cheek on her hand, drawing little doodles in her notebook while also trying to take notes as the teacher continued on, making his way down the row she and the other two basketball players had been sitting in.

But, it was only when she had heard a loud slap that was finally able to grab her attention, waking her up a little bit in the process. Sitting up a little more straight, (Y/N) had to hold back a slight gasp and snicker as she caught sight of Kagami's large hand on top of the teacher's head.

"Huh?" She heard the red head grunt as he opened one of his eyes.

The triple threat could only guess the tiger was dreaming about basketball, just by looking at the position his hand was in. It was honestly kind of funny. Probably because she was the same way, but class wasn't really the place to be dreaming about an epic game like the one that had happened yesterday.

And their teacher certainly agreed, a cross and irritated look now present on his face.

"Don't 'huh' me, young man. You've got some nerve sleeping in my class. Come to the faculty office later today," the older teacher harshly instructed as Kagami now understood what he was being told.

Quickly taking his hand off of the instructor's slightly bald head, the red head soon glared to himself, even more irritated now that he had gotten in trouble for something he really couldn't help. Not only that, but Kagami soon heard the soft sound of snoring coming from behind him as the teacher carried on with the lecture.

And the red head knew exactly who it was that was snoring. Looking behind him, Kagami saw that Kuroko was fast asleep, leaning his head on one hand, slightly rocking back and forth.

'Wait, why didn't he get in trouble for sleeping too?' Kagami growled to himself.

How could the teacher not see him too?! Geez, the phantom really could get away with anything if he really wanted to.

As he looked back, the tiger noticed that the girl sitting behind the phantom was also having trouble staying awake. She had been bouncing her leg to try and keep herself from dozing off, but Kagami could tell by her big yawn that she was about to fall asleep as well.

He honestly thought it was kind of amazing she hadn't just zonked out already. But looking down at her bag that was by her feet, Kagami found the source to her lingering energy. Two cans of coffee, one of them already open.

The red head couldn't help but to form a small smile as he turned back around in his seat. But the Seirin trio weren't the only ones having trouble staying awake during the school day. In fact, all of the second years were having trouble too.