Basket 14

Third POV

"Come on. I'm itchin' to get back out," a certain red head grumbled as he picked up a basketball and began spinning it on his finger.

Because of how hard he had pushed himself the day before during their game against Shutoku, Riko literally had to force Kagami to sit out of practice in order to rest his body. But it wasn't without its repercussions.

"I told you those legs need to heal first," the second year coach snapped back at him while holding her pink whistle.

The other members of the team were playing a little practice game in order to become stronger in preparation of their next game, the first round of the Championship League. As Kuroko misdirected the ball, much more precisely than what he had been, a little bark came from the entrance of the gym, causing Kagami to flinch since he knew exactly who it was.

For every successful move that the boys pulled off, Number Two let out a happy little bark as a cheer of some sort.

"Wanna come and jump in on our game, little buddy?" Hyuga smiled towards the pup as he let out another arf.

"Who's a talkative fellow? You are!" Koganei cooed as Number Two made his way into the building.

Even if the little pooch was about five feet away from him, it didn't stop Kagami from dashing to the nearest door. Looking over, Riko was quite surprised to see the boy on the floor as he reached towards the doorknob in desperation.

"Oh man, you really don't like dogs, huh?"

"N-No..."

It was something you would never expect from the red head, being as that he had the tough guy attitude most of the time. Put a giant basketball player in front of him, Kagami wouldn't flinch. Put a cute little puppy in front of him, and the tiger would be heading for the hills without even thinking.

Well, there was nothing she could do, so Riko just shrugged it off as a result.

"Kagami," the tiger heard a voice call out to him.

Shakily, Kagami turned back with sweat running down his face and small tears in his eyes. And what is he met with? Standing there was Kuroko as he held up Number Two, both looking like they had just been kicked in the stomach with their big ol' puppy eyes.

"Look how your words hurt him."

"STOP LOOKING AT ME WITH THOSE EYES!!"

Oh, but that wasn't enough for the phantom. Soon, Kagami saw Kuroko inching closer and closer to him with the dog. No way, José! The red head had been able to put his fear aside when he confronted (Y/N)'s two giants the night before and that was enough for him.

Soon, Kuroko was chasing Kagami around the gym with Number Two still in his grasp, happily barking.

"But he's so cute."

"KUROKO, STOP! I'M SERIOUS! I'M GONNA MURDER YOU!!"

As the two first years kept dashing around the court, it was obvious to the others the Kuroko wasn't quite doing this to help out Kagami. In fact...

"He's doing it on purpose," they all agreed.

Before anything else was said, a light laugh came from the entrance where Riko was standing. And it was very familiar to everyone in the gym.

"I guess meeting my dogs didn't really do Taiga any good," (Y/N) smiled as she stood in the doorway.

She looked much more lively than last night, her eyes didn't look as tired. Her attire consisted of a light gray t-shirt with some white beach pants that stopped just above her ankles, a pair of birk styled sandals on her feet. Her hair was done up in a loose braid. Simple but cute.