Basket 41

Third POV

Okay, this was it. Time to show Touou what Seirin was really made of and how much they had grown. And (Y/N) was all focused on that ball and where it was going to go. With Kiyoshi and Wakamatsu in position at center court, the ref proceeded with throwing the ball up into the air. Once it had reached its highest peak, both centers leaped up into the air, and Seirin's own Uncrowned King was able to get to it first, hitting the ball straight into the triple threat's hands.

Perfect, that's exactly where Seirin wanted the ball. The players from both teams quickly began running down to the red and white team's side of the court with the sole female player running and dribbling the ball, making sure no one tried anything funny.

But at the same time, she was also mentally going over the plan her cousin had laid out for them just before the players went to go get lined up. And that was to come out hard and come out fast. The differences in their strengths were quite evident, there was no doubt about that. But then again, this wasn't the same Seirin they had faced back in the summer. And the tall girl's knees weren't going to give out on her this time.

If they could get the first point, then they'd be all good. And it helped even more that it was Seirin's most powerful player who was the first one to get her hands on the ball. However, her mark...well...wasn't exactly the most ideal person.

"Ooh, scary. Take it easy on us, would you?" Imayoshi seemed to be doing his fake little 'good boy' routine, which seemed to irk the girl running beside him as she shot him a bombastic side eyed glare.

"Yoshi, shut up!" She sort of snapped as she watched him come around right in front of her.

That prompted her to stop right where she was about to get this show on the road as she grabbed the ball in both of her hands, swerving her body around to make sure the Touou captain wouldn't be able to steal it from her. But holy moly, she had to admit, this kind of pressure was crazy. Like, they were coming on a lot stronger than Seirin was planning or expecting.

"They're not underestimating us," Tsuchida commented as the players on the bench watched on as the black and maroon team amped up the pressure even more.

"They're already playing like it's the end of the game," Koganei added.

They surely were not underestimating Seirin at all. It was kind of like watching how they were when they were playing against Kaijo. The very first time Seirin ever played against Touou, the power of the team got stronger once they realized that the red and white team weren't pushovers. But now, now they were starting out with that amazing yet immense amount of strength.

Once the two teams had made it to the net, (Y/N) halted herself at the free throw line just as Imayoshi got right in front of her once again, moving in every way that she did in order to make sure she didn't have an opening.

And the triple threat had to admit, he was doing a pretty good job.

"But of course. Underestimate you, now why would we do something like that? We know that you're good, so we're coming at you as hard as we can," the glasses wearing captain told her.

He had seen the way Seirin had grown from the summer, that much was clear from their games with Shutoku, Kirisaki Daiichi, and all of the other ones that had led up to this very moment.

And of course, the red and white team had their triple threat back out on the court, so why would their opponents decide to underestimate them when that got them into trouble with her before?

Even though she had literally just snapped at him not even two seconds beforehand, the tall girl had to let out a smile when she heard her dear friend say that.