Basket 10

Third POV

"Sorry, I know I'm not as strong as they are. I'm here for Kagami's payback," Kuroko stated to Tsugawa confidently in his own calm way.

The Seiho first year didn't know what to think for a second, but it was clear as to what the phantom's intentions were when it came to the game, so Tsugawa knew he had to fight back against it in order to secure the win.

"Oh yeah? Here for payback, huh?" The shaved head first year chuckled at Kuroko's declaration.

This would be perfect for Tsugawa. There would be no trouble in going against Kuroko, all he had to do was keep an eye on him so that the ball wouldn't be smacked out of his hands like before.

"Hey, Omuro! Would you mind if I switched up my mark?" The Seiho first year asked his upperclassman, who seemed confused by the sudden request.

"What now? Why would you?"

"Well, looks like I gotta proxy over here demanding his payment."

With that being said, the fourth quarter of the game began, the crowds cheering, and the score now 58 to 64 for Seiho. Back at Seirin's side of the court, (Y/N) and Furihata were tending to a tired and sore Koganei as the second year laid down on a mat that the (h/c) haired girl had placed down in order to make him more comfortable.

Luckily, she knew his concussion wasn't bad, so the cat faced player just needed some rest as the triple threat placed an ice pack wrapped in a towel on his forehead, and another cooled one on his chest as Furihata fanned Koganei with a folder.

Checking him over once more, (Y/N) felt satisfied with her work, nodding to herself before letting her helper know that he could fan him for another minute or two before returning to her spot next to Kagami, and snapping her attention back to the game before her.

Back on the court, it was Kuroko vs Tsugawa, the two first years keeping their eye on where the ball was. But the shaved head first year decided to share his thoughts on this new development in the game.

"I'm kinda surprised your coach decided to put you out here instead of Kagami or (Y/N). But for them to send a first year out here at all gives the impression that Seirin's upperclassmen aren't so dependable," Tsugawa told his mark.

As Kuroko looked back towards the boy, the triple threat on the bench was a little less than impressed with that statement, her eye beginning to twitch with irritation as she leaned forward with her elbow on her knees, her chin resting against her fist as she continued to listen to the Seiho first year smack talk.

"I mean, they did say they benched you three because it was their will or whatever. But now, here you are."

Staying silent for a moment, Kuroko stayed calm at the statements that the opponent before him was making, and decided to make a statement of his own.

"I'm in the game because I asked to be put in. And besides, if you've been paying attention, there's no way you'd believe that," the phantom declared.

Hearing their conversation continue, (Y/N) smiled into her palm. She had a feeling Kuroko would say something like that. Noticing her irritation from earlier, Riko decided to suggest something that might help Seirin, even though she didn't want to push it.