Basket 12

Third POV

The weather outside seemed to match the feeling of the game down on the court, dark clouds covering the sky as the thunder rumbled before rain began trickling down to the ground.

There was less the two minutes left before half time, and the score gap between Seirin and Shutoku had only grown, a grim feeling setting in as did the weather outside. The score was now 27 to 45, and the crowd was starting to become restless. Some were muttering that this game was over, even Seiho had noticed the new change in Shutoku's tone. Just by adding one new player, they were the top Kings of Tokyo.

And it wasn't like they were trying to make sure they were all hush hush about it either. Kise's ears caught onto to everything that had been said, and the model wasn't too impressed.

"Argh! Come on, show some spirit, Seirin," the blonde groaned as he glared down towards the court.

"They already are, stupid," his captain snapped back.

Turning his head towards the third year, Kise certainly wanted to know how they were showing spirit. To be honest, if it were him in a situation like this, the blonde would be feeling more than a bit defeated by this point.

"They've seen the massive difference in strength. And yet, Seirin's still hanging in there in spite of it all. Plus, I think (Y/N)'s little surprise attack that she pulled shook Shutoku up a bit. They've been acting more cautious since she did that full court shot," Kasamatsu explained as he kept his eyes on game below.

There was no doubt that Shutoku had been knocked down a notch once they had witnessed an inch of the triple threat's power. A full court shot that had worked against them. Even with Midorima's warning that she wouldn't use it all that much, there was raised tension within the kings.

Still, there was another factor to consider when it came to the (h/c) haired girl's tricks.

"That's true, but I mean, with her knee and all, I'm not sure how long she can keep up," Hibiki piped up.

Kise's eyes widened when he heard that. He had completely forgotten about her disease. Sure, her left knee was as good as new since her last surgery, but the copycat saw how much that took a toll on her before, during, and even after recovery. She didn't seem to be showing many signs of it bothering her though.

Despite that fact, it was still an impressive sight to see them all fighting so hard even with the almost twenty point gap in their scores. The Kaijo captain was actually glad he tagged along with the two first years to come here.

"Well, I've gotta give them props for all of that."

Letting out another small groan after the third year's praise, the blonde copycat slumped down in his seat, causing his phone and earbuds to fall out of his pocket. As the device hit the ground, the Oha Asa Horoscope played once again saying that Aquarius was going to be having some tough luck while Cancers would have a fantastic day with their lucky item being a raccoon shigaraki.

The last two minutes went by without anything big occurring, and it was now halftime as both teams made their way back to their respective locker rooms.

"This lead is the result of our abilities. It's not bad, but, it's not good either. The other team, they're still fighting to take this win. Ootsubo, I want you playing more offense in the second half. Finish them off. Let's do it," Nakatani instructed the Shutoku's players for the half of the game.

"Yes, sir!"

But still, there was another issue to deal with when it came to their opponents. The older coach wasn't expecting (Y/N) to pull a trump card like that out of her stack. It wasn't a matter of her growth in her strength, but the fact that she was the original bearer of those crazy three point shots.