Basket 22

Third POV

And so...the battle begun. This was going to be the day that Kise was going to defeat Aomine once and for all. Kobori managed to out jump Wakamatsu, smacking the ball over into Kasamatsu's grasp. Now things were starting to rev up. The Seirin team sat up a bit straighter. Riko, herself, had to admit that Aomine had the edge over Kise when it came to power, that was for sure. But she also knew that they hadn't seen the copycat's full potential yet, meaning this could quickly turn in Kaijo's favor as well.

"Don't waste your time overthinking things," Kasamatsu warned Imayoshi before faking him out and passing the ball.

"You're not gonna beat our ace, Kise!"

And the ball soon entered the blonde's grasp. Now, it was time for the ace showdown as Aomine got into position to defend and snatch that ball. Kagami was on the edge of his seat. This was really happening, it was time to see who's strength would prevail. The two aces were now eye to eye, Kise glaring and Aomine smirking.

It seemed like time slowed for a second, but the blonde soon went to go one direction in order to fake out the navy haired boy before dashing at the chance when he saw his opening, making it past Aomine with ease.

"He broke through!"

It seemed like that at first. But the navy blue haired ace wasn't going to be put down that easily. This was almost like child's play to him as he made a quick turn and smacked the ball right out of Kise's grasp from behind him through his arms. The flexibility of this guy was insane. Gritting his teeth with frustration, the blonde looked back and was only met with that same cocky smirk.

"Don't people usually get better over time? I can't believe you thought that embarrassing move would work on me," Aomine belittled Kise as Imayoshi became in possession of the ball.

"Dammit...!" Hibiki cursed from the bench, his fists clenched tightly.

Everything about Aomine just rubbed him the wrong way, but that damn smirk probably took the cake as he watched the captain of Touou running down towards the basket before passing the ball to Wakamatsu. Now it was center vs center. Kobori had his arms spread out, moving in whatever way he could to stop the pale blonde center of Touou.

Wakamatsu had to admit, Kobori was very good. He never really expected his defense to be this good. But that didn't stop the pale blonde as he threw the ball to the ground as it bounced straight into Sakurai's grasp. Moriyama quickly took action, but the light brown haired boy jumped up and shot the ball before the third year could even blink, letting out an apology as the shy boy usually did.

Hayakawa charged towards the basket in order to try and stop the ball from going into the basket in any way that he could, but it was too late as it flew through the hoop, the crowds cheering as Touou gained the first three points of the game.

"A three out of the gate," Izuki commented first as he, along with the others, kept his gaze glued down to the court.

"Looks like Touou took the first basket," Kiyoshi added.

"Damn, that shy kid's good. Masa wasn't kidding," Hayate also let out as he leaned forward, resting his elbows over his knees.

(Y/N) had sat back a bit in her seat, but peered over to her older brother when she heard him say that. Of course, she was able to figure out what he had meant by that. Masaru was the loud mouth of the family, so when the family had gathered for dinner right after he had started high school, the grey haired boy kept going on and on about how strong his new team seemed and how he had met Sakurai, and being completely amazed by his three pointer shots.

Well, the triple threat had seen it first hand too, but to actually see it from an audience member's perspective was a completely different ball game. Literally.