Basket 42

Third POV

Third POV

The buzzer signaled that it was time to start the second quarter of the game back up with Izuki subbing in for Kuroko. Walking beside the triple threat, Kagami was definitely on fire a lot more than he had been when he was out on the court last. And it was because one of the people of the trio that he worked the best with was now benched.

You know, it wasn't like he ever doubted the phantom miracle, that was just out of the question. But, he also knew he couldn't just depend on the light blue haired boy nor the tall girl beside him the whole time. Because that was going to tire her out and the tiger knew it could possibly push her to feel like she'd have to take the bull by the horns, and he knew emotionally what that did to her.

The more he thought about it, the more Kagami realized that the two Seirin miracles had really saved his ass in the jams he had gotten himself into during previous games. Now, it was his turn to save Kuroko and give (Y/N) a break so she wouldn't exhaust herself. It was his turn to be the light to shine through the darkness on his own accord. He had to believe but not expect.

Although, a safe game plan was to make sure that when the light blue haired boy came back into the game, it'd be a good idea for Seirin to be ahead of Touou. The black and maroon team was ahead just a little bit with only a minute and a half into the second quarter, so Kagami's plan was to change that.

The starter players soon went to get into position with their marks, and the red head was no different. He stalked right toward Aomine, looking more than ready to throw down with the miracle ace as the two of them just stared each other down. The triple threat could feel the heat all the way over where she was with Imayoshi. She knew her hot headed friend wanted to beat the navy haired boy's ass, but she also knew that he realized it didn't matter right now.

Kagami's ruby eyes seemed to clash with Aomine's dark blue ones. You'd expect to see sparks flying between the two of them, fated rivals in more ways than just one. Well, enough waiting, time to get this show back on the road. And the tiger was going to come out of his gate running.

Izuki was the first one who started out with the ball, giving the (h/c) haired girl a little bit of a break. Even if she had coffee in her system, the punster just wanted to switch things up a little bit so that she could possibly pull some moves that would blow these guys out of the water. When he found the right opening, the pun loving second year quickly passed the ball right to Kagami.

Now it was finally him vs Aomine. The red head held the ball up and away from the miracle ace as he held his arms out, his defense definitely being a lot more aggressive now that the two aces were finally facing off with one another. The tensions were rising as the two of them just stared down one another, everyone was almost on the edge of their seats, wondering what was going to happen next.

Well, it wasn't going to be what people were anticipating. Because the tiger's ruby gaze suddenly saw his opening, quickly passing the ball to Kiyoshi. Now, Seirin's center could pull his move. With his back up against Wakamatsu, the pale blonde center suddenly saw his mark move in a way that looked familiar since Izuki was rushing over to seemingly receive a pass from Kiyoshi.