Basket 38

Third POV

Once Mika had hit the triple threat's contact, it rang maybe once before the tall girl picked up, her face appearing on the white haired girl's screen. That was able to put a grin on the rather serious and slightly tempered teen once she saw her best friend on the other line.

"Yeeeeess?" (Y/N) answered in her usual goofy fashion while smiling at the camera.

"Bestie~ I need some attention!" Mika responded back, quoting a video both she and the triple threat found when they were sending videos from social media back and forth to each other.

A small and quiet giggle could be heard from the (h/c) haired girl's end as she buried her head in her arms for a second. Good thing she was in a room by herself since Riko was still out visiting with her father about training. The brunette coach probably wanted her to be asleep right now, but the tall girl had special best friend matters to attend to.

In response to Mika's little comment, the triple threat playfully rolled her eyes before looking back at the camera.

"Geez, four hours on the phone yesterday wasn't enough?" She questioned.

Certainly not the words that the white haired girl was expecting to hear from her usually very kind and caring best friend. Kiari and Fumi both snorted as they watched their more serious bestie's jaw dropped. You only really saw this side of Mika whenever all four of them were together.

"Uh-! You bitch," Mika choked a little bit before jokingly cursing at the triple threat.

(Y/N) had to let out a loud laugh at that as she layed her head down on the pillow while trying to make sure she didn't have any tears coming out of her eyes. Oh, that was funny, and she wasn't exactly wrong with her question either.

It had been hot minute since she had spoken to her LA best friends who were literally her world, so the tall girl made the decision after practice the day before to call each one of her best friends and have a decent and lengthy conversation with them to catch up on everything and give them updates on her basketball schedule.

Mika, of course, she and (Y/N) literally went on talking for hours before Riko had to remind her little cousin that they still had practice early that next morning. So, their long conversation was cut short. But another call this evening was definitely welcomed, especially if it was a FaceTime call.

The white haired girl soon looked back up and toward the court to see if the game between Nijimura and Kagami had started yet. Looks like it was about to, so it was time for the white haired girl to get down to business.

"Hey, listen, babe, you remember that redhead you were telling us about? The one that you hung around with on the court when we were kids?" Mika suddenly brought up the redheaded tiger, calming down from the little giggle session.

She needed all of the deets she could get. The white haired girl wasn't taking any chances with a hot head being around her triple threat best friend. Especially if he was like the boy that had laid his hands on her the year before. But she also didn't want the said girl to get too suspicious as to what she was doing.

Hearing Mika describe this boy made the triple threat perk up in her bed. Kagami had sent her a text earlier that said he had made it, and she really shouldn't have been surprised that he too, got straight into training already. Still, knowing her friends, (Y/N) also didn't think they became acquainted with each other that quickly.

Fumi and Kiari, maybe. Mika? No way. But, the triple threat was going to remain hopeful.

"Taiga? Oh my god, have you guys met him yet?" She asked the tanned girl, sounding really surprised and hopeful that Mika might've taken a liking to him.