Basket 13

Third POV

With the rain continuing to pour from the sky, it didn't seem to bother Midorima all that much as he held his light green cellphone up to his ear. It had been quite some time since he had heard the sarcastic voice of the former ace of his middle school team.

The one who had ultimately drove her away.

"You haven't changed at all, Aomine. I'll spell it out, you'll be facing Kuroko in the Championship League," the shooting guard informed the boy over the phone.

Though that didn't seem to phase Aomine all that much. After all, he had grown stronger even without his former shadow helping him out.

"Oh, I understand that part. I'm telling you that's all in the past. Now we've become enemies," the ace smirked into Momoi's pink device.

Of course that's what he would say. Aomine had only become more arrogant as time went on once the Generation of Miracles had really made a name for themselves in the sports world. Midorima's eyes visibly narrowed. Even though he had learned of (Y/N)'s return to Japan from other sources, the glasses wearing boy didn't know if that source had told the other members.

Most likely not, so in that case, even though he didn't think the ace deserved such a warning, Midorima thought it might be better on the (h/c) haired girl's end if Aomine found out now rather than later.

"He's not the only one you'll be facing. (Y/N) has returned to Japan, and she shares the same team as Kuroko," Midorima revealed.

On the other line, Momoi watched as Aomine's dark blue eyes widened once he had heard the familiar name. The pink haired girl decided to stay quiet, since she too, had known about her best girl friend's return from the states. No telling how her childhood friend would react to that.

The ace didn't know how to feel, really. He felt anger, frustration, relief. Still, that didn't matter. Aomine had gotten stronger since she had left, it didn't matter anymore if she was the one who taught him how to use his playing to the fullest. No one could beat him except for him, thinking like that only made the boy's smirk grow.

"Is she now?" Aomine finally replied over the phone.

Midorima didn't like the tone that the ace was taking. The green haired miracle wanted to make one thing clear. Something very clear for the sake of the girl he cared so much for.

"Indeed. When you encounter her, I advise you not to do anything stupid like last time."

Hearing those words almost sounded like threat to Aomine. Bringing up the past was not a good idea, and Momoi could see the boy before her clench his fists while gripping her phone even tighter. Every one of the miracles knew what had happened, and that was probably the lowest of the low for the entire team altogether.

Still, Midorima had no right to tell the ace that, his dark blue eyes glaring off into the space in front of him.

"Hey, that's none of your business. So stay out of it," the green haired shooting guard heard the ravenous growl coming from the other line.

That didn't deter the shooting guard one bit. It didn't matter if this subject was between (Y/N) and Aomine, the fact of the matter was what had happened was unacceptable on the ace's end. It was for her sake.

Silence engulfed the two miracles for a few moments, so much so that it was clear that this conversation was over.

"Right, see you then," Aomine finally said.

"Yeah."

"Midorin, I'm so sorry you're all down in the dumps and stuff. Cheer up soon, okay?" Momoi's happy voice joined in as she had grabbed Aomine's wrist in order to speak into her phone.