Basket 11

Third POV

Having just witnessed Kuroko's new full court pass, and (Y/N)'s crazily accurate misdirection to Kagami, there were two distinctive reactions. One was absolute amazement as the cheers from the crowd echoed while the other was complete shock, words unable to be formed.

"What the heck was that pass?" Koganei questioned once he had snapped out of it.

"It cut straight across the court from one side to the other," Tsuchida added on.

Now that Riko thought about it, she remembered something that her younger cousin had told her just before the prelims semi-finals began. During their practice, the triple threat wanted to do some one on one practice with the phantom of Seirin. Being as that the girl had been the one to perfect the Generation of Miracles' skills, it was only natural to assume she had been working with Kuroko on a new passing technique.

"Great. Now we gotta deal with those passes," Takao muttered to himself, caught off guard by the sudden development.

Hyuga definitely didn't see it coming, but hey, he would take it. This game was only getting started. With Seirin on defense, Miyaji became in possession of the ball with Midorima close by. In order to make sure the captain of Seirin wouldn't get the ball as he tried to guard the third year, the dark blonde player passes the ball to Shutoku's ace.

Now it was Midorima vs Kagami, with the red head trying his very best to make sure the shooting guard wouldn't try one of his crazy threes. As the crowd waited in anticipation for what the next move would be, Midorima had a change of plans as he watched Kuroko make his way towards the net. And (Y/N) wasn't in his line of sight, but the green haired boy felt her presence somewhere behind him.

In a last second move, the glasses wearing shooting guard faked out Kagami before passing the ball to another Shutoku team member.

That was a first for Kise as he watched on from the stands.

"Didn't expect that. I think you totally could've made that shot, Midorimacchi," the blonde said to himself.

He knew from past games that Midorima was always confident in his shots and never hesitated, no matter how hard he was being guarded. But there was one detail that set these opponents off from others.

"He could've. But look where both Kuroko and (Y/N) are," Hibiki mentioned.

Taking his gaze off of Midorima, Kise then realized that the exact position of the two Seirin miracles was the same as it had been when the light blue haired boy made his full court pass towards (Y/N). And with her crazy accuracy, there would be no doubt that they'd pull the same move as they did after Midorima made his first three.

"He's on his guard," the blonde mumbled under his breath.

Of course, Midorima had never played against the two in an official game before. It was only natural that the green haired miracle to be on guard when it came to the triple threat, that was for sure.

"I see what he's doing," Kasamatsu suddenly said, catching the attention of both of the first years.

Back on the bench, Shutoku's coach, Masaaki Nakatani, sat beside Naoki to try and analyze how the tables had turned unexpectedly.

"I certainly didn't expect that from such an unexceptional kid. That pass could put us in trouble. Also..." the older coach suddenly trailed off as he looked towards Shutoku's manager's cousin.

Since both her father and uncle had played on Japan's national basketball team, the same team that Nakatani had been apart of, with her mother being a rising star in sports as well as always being by her husband's side, the older coach had became friends with the famous Akio and Mana Bashira. And of course, he had watched their kids, niece, and nephews grow into amazing players / coach.