Basket 27

Third POV

While Seirin was on a roll with making their own advances in the Championship League, they weren't the only ones who were hungry for their own victories. Two of the three Kings of Tokyo had advanced to the Championship League, Shutoku and Senshinkan. The final team that had made it to the next round was the elusive team known as Kirisaki Dai'ichi. There were many though, who had mixed feelings about this team advancing to the next round and for good reason.

But now, it was time for these four teams to face off to determine which two teams from Tokyo would move on to fight for their spot in the Winter Cup. Seirin was determined to make sure that one of those spots would be theirs.

"Look at that. We've only got three games left," Fukuda spoke up as he looked at the paper that held the results of that day's games.

"My head's still spinning by how fast the preliminaries went by," Furihata added on as he looked over the other boy's shoulders while the team continued to walk.

Oh, that was only the prelims though. It seemed a little too easy to the first years, but their captain was about to snap them back to reality.

"The hell are you morons talking about? It's not over, there's still a long way to go," Hyuga kind of sternly reminded the younger players as the team continued to walk down the street with him and Riko leading the pack.

"Have you guys forgotten already? Of the over three hundred schools that competed this past summer, only the top eight are given the chance to participate in these coming games. In other words, the Winter Cup preliminaries effectively start at the same time as the Inter-High. We've technically been fighting to get here for months," the brunette coach explained as she looked back over her shoulder at the rest of them.

That was crazy to think about when the others looked at the bigger picture. To think that they had been fighting for their spot for so long against over three hundred teams was a little overwhelming but amazing at the same time. From her spot of walking by Kuroko, (Y/N) felt that rush of adrenaline as she smiled and began getting a little giddy.

Only two more days after this. Two more days! And she could play once again, but she'd have to be a little more careful due to her knee still being new to running and jumping as she had before the accident. Still, the triple threat was more than ready.

"Our first Championship League opponent is Senshinkan. They've already got two wins against us. we won't give them a third!" Hyuga declared to the rest of the team.

"Yeah!"

As the terrific trio of Seirin walked towards the back of the group, the light blue haired phantom tapped the sole female player's arm as she somewhat skipped beside him. Catching her attention, (Y/N) looked at her friend to see what he wanted, and caught him nodding his head over to a nearby court and then back to their red headed partner, who was walking a little bit in front of them.

The girl was able to catch on with Kuroko's little idea, forming an excited smile on her face as she quietly clapped her hands rapidly, showing her excitement.

"Yes!" she whisper shouted to him, causing the quiet boy to send her a small grin before walking up closer to the tiger's back.

"Hey, Kagami," Kuroko softly called out to him, getting the red head to turn back towards him to see what he wanted.

What Kagami wasn't expecting was his two partners to lead him to a nearby street court as the sun disappeared from the sky and after saying goodbye to the others. Now that the red head thought about it, he hadn't really seen much of Kuroko's new technique or had heard the triple threat talk about it all that much. So naturally, he was curious.