Basket 39

Third POV

Out of the three main basketball tournaments of the year, the Summer Inter-High was usually the largest. However, it seemed that in recent years, the Winter Cup had become the championship that dominated over the other two. The crowds were incredible, every seat seemed to be filled with a person from students to old pros scouting future players for their teams. It was such a big deal, it was even being broadcasted on TV.

Two of those patrons just so happened to be the oldest Bashira child along with her boyfriend seated right beside her. They had managed to get front row seats, which meant that they were able to catch sight of Aneko's younger brother and sister standing in line with their respective teams. Kou was also able to spot the Kurosaki twins as well, holding his camera up to snap some pictures of all of the youngsters.

(Y/N) stood right behind Kuroko with her uniform jacket on for once since this was a more formal opening ceremony. But she couldn't help but to feel super excited for all of this. This was where Seirin was going to shine and come out the top team. Then, hopefully, it'd show all of the miracles that their way of basketball wasn't useless and that it could get a team somewhere other than relying on strength alone.

"Hello, and thank you for coming, everyone. I'm honored to announce the Winter Cup National High School Basketball Tournament will now commence."

Once the announcement was made, setting the tournament in motion, all of the teams made their way off of the courts so that the first games could begin. Over with Seirin, well, let's just say it wasn't all happy times for them. Because just like Riko had predicted, her team was still down a player. And that was enough to push her anger over the edge.

"DAMMIT!! WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT IDIOT, KAGADUMMY, THINK HE'S DOING?!?!" The second year coach seethed rather loudly as a red storm of fury seemed to engulf her.

"He's not here and the opening ceremony's already over!!"

She was so hoping the redhead could feel her anger from wherever the hell he was. Because this was one of the stupider stunts he had pulled. And he was the one who seemed the most excited to be facing Aomine once again. But it didn't really look like it he wasn't even freakin' here!

Everyone just kind of stood back so they wouldn't be blown away by a furious Riko. And how would the tiger forget about the opening ceremony to the most important tournament of the year? It's a lot more simple and stupid than one may think.

"Apparently, he forgot about the time difference. He should be here soon though," Fukuda told the captain and vice captain, trying his best to maybe calm the situation a little bit.

"Unbelievable..." Hyuga groaned, though, he wasn't really surprised by this.

Seirin kind of needed Kagami to be alive if they wanted to stand a chance against Touou. They knew their triple threat could definitely handle that on her own, but they also didn't want to push her physically or mentally to do that. Especially since the last time they had faced the black and maroon team, it had done quite a number on her.

Speaking of, (Y/N) was basically just sweat-dropping at this point. Kagami knew the time difference, he had gotten the time right during the times when she and him spoke over the phone. Though, she did find it a little odd that he hadn't texted her or anything to let her know that he'd be late or something like that.

"But, like, how though? He's been back and forth, he should know it by now," the tall girl tried to make it seem like the tiger wasn't as stupid and forgetful as the others were making him out to be while taking her uniform jacket off, setting it on her bag.

But he was, (Y/N). Kagami definitely was. Kuroko agrees.

"I wouldn't underestimate his stupidity, (Y/N)," the phantom stated, not showing the redhead any sort of mercy.