hospitals (Pt. 1)

Kankri's pov-

After arriving to the hospital, I quickly ran into the building, not waiting for the other two. I was way too worried about Eridan, and more importantly Cronus. What had he said to Eridan? And why? I looked over at the waiting area to find Cronus leaning against the wall, flipping his box of cigarettes and refusing to acknowledge the nurse behind the counter telling him something. "Cronus!" I yelled. I knew I shouldn't be loud but I couldn't help it. I ran over to him and wrapping my arms around him. "Well, hey." I don't know why, but I started to cry. "Whoa hey. What's the matter chief?" I looked up at him. His eyes were puffy and red as if he had been crying and he smelled of cigereattes. "Are you okay?" I asked him. "I could be better." I leaned into him. "And what about Eridan?" He sighed. "Doctors say he'll be fine. But he won't be waking up for a few more days." He ran a hand through his hair. "I just... I don't know... He's my brother and I..." I held a finger to his lips to silence him. "It'll be okay. You didn't mean it." He pushed me back slightly. "But you don't know what I said to him! You have no idea how hurt he looked when I pressed him against the wall. You don't understand how it feels to beat your brother." Cronus lowered himself down onto the floor, sobbing. I crouched down in front of him. "Well, what did you say? Make me understand Cronus." He looked up at me. "I told him that no one wanted him. That our mom should have had an abortion. That our dad should have put him up for adoption. I don't know why I said it. I was just angry at him for letting Sollux kiss me. Especially in front of you." Hm? "Why in front of me?" He sighed. "Cause I like you chief."

(This will probably the longest chapter I have written, so I decided to split it into multiple parts. I hope that's okay. Please send your feedback and I'll see you in the next update. Bye!)