A sophomore summer (pt. 2)

Sollux's pov-

Later that night, the whole gang went down to the lake for some night swimming. Although not all of us went swimming.

Karkat refused to get in the water, saying that he might get some disease. Equius didn't get in either, not giving a reason and shaking his head every time Nepeta tried to usher him into the lake. We couldn't keep Feferi out of the water and I had a hard time dragging Eridan out. The others were content with spending time with each other. I watched as the sun began to set. The light casted a soft glow over the lake. I was too lost in the colors of the sky to see Eridan sit next to me. He pushed into me to make me look at him. "Hm?" He shook his head, causing water to flick in different directions. Mostly in my direction. "Hey!" Eridan snorted. I sighed. "Alright fishdick, what do you want now?" Even though Eridan and I were dating, we still took jabs at each other. "I'm tired. I want sleepy time cuddles." I rolled my eyes. Whenever Eridan got really tired, he turned into a drunk man. Everything he said was incoherent. I stood up, pulling Eridan up with me. I called out to the others. "We're hitting the sack." Feferi waved to us as we walked back to the cabins.

The cabin that we shared wasn't far from the mess hall, number 5. Eridan climbed into 'our' bed, which was just the two twin beds pushed together and tied with ropes so they wouldn't move apart. He began mumbling after I pulled off his wet swim trunks. "If you wanted to see me naked, you could've just asked." I would've slapped him if wasn't so tired. I pulled a pair of purple underwear from his bag and began dressing him like I was his mother. After I finally got his boxers on, I grabbed a shirt from the floor of the cabin and threw it at him. "Can you put that on while I change?" I ask him. He mumbles something I don't understand and grabs the shirt to put on. I sigh, slipping my trunks off. I pull on my honey comb boxers and black gym shorts. I didn't bother with a shirt since it would be getting hot. I looked over Eridan. He was trying to slip the shirt on his head, but he was forcing his head through the sleeve hole. I sigh again before moving to help him. "You're putting it on wrong you idiot." I fix the shirt. "Here." I push his arms through the sleeves. He gives me a dopey smile. "Thanks baby." I roll my eyes. "Just go to bed." I switch the lamp, that was next to the bed, off. I scoot closer to Eridan, who is dozing off and sigh. This was going to be one hell of a summer.

Hoped you liked this. I put a lot of thought into it and had Hexus edit it more times than I can count. Well we'll see ya soon. -Gavin