hospitals (pt. 3)

Cronus' pov-

It's been a few hours since the Vantas' and Sollux showed up. Kankri had fallen asleep and was currently laying in the window bed. Karkat had left the room saying that he wanted fresh air or something of that nature. And Sollux was sitting next to Eridan's bed, staring blankly at him. He didn't even acknowledge my presence when he walked in here. He went straight to Eridan and ignored everyone else. He even ignored Karkat's loud mouth trying to whisper. Which was quite a sight to see. He was even ignoring me now. He began talking to Eridan as if he could hear. "You gotta wake up ED. For KK and FF. For Cro and Kanaya. And me. We need you. I need you. Just please. Wake up." His words became incoherent from the sobs that raked his body. I got up quietly. I couldn't stand to see this. I've known Sollux since he was little and I've never seen him cry. Not once. Not even when Latula accidently ran over his hand with her skateboard, breaking his hand and two fingers. He never cried. It was hard seeing him like that. I walked out of the room. I didn't want to be the one to tell him that I made Eridan liked this. But I knew that I had to soon enough. I would wait until he wasn't so upset. I quickly walked out of the front doors. I needed a cigarette.

"You shouldn't smoke those." A voice spoke, coming up beside me. It was a small boy. He was probably in his early teens. Maybe thirteen of fourteen. He had medium length curly blonde hair with blue and purple highlights throughout. He was wearing a pink t-shirt that was twice his size and white skinies. His feet were bare and I wondered why he was at the hospital, let alone outside. "And you shouldn't be talking to strangers." I replied, blowing out a puff a smoke. "You don't seem bad." He climbed up onto the bench I was sitting. I wanted to tell him that it didn't matter but I kept my mouth shut. "So what are you doing out here kiddo?" He sighed. "CPS." He whispered. Oh. That must be hard for a kid his age. "Mom is slowly dying and dad is getting arrested. I have to go away soon." Oh. I don't know how but this kid reminded me of myself. Especially with what was happening now. "What about you?" He pulled his legs up to his chest and looked up at me. "My brother tried to hurt himself. I had to make sure he was okay." The kid nodded. We stayed silent for a few minutes before I heard some quite sniffling. He was crying. "Hey kid, don't cry." I reached into my pocket and pulled out two objects. A box of candy cigarettes and a card with all my info on it. I handed both to him. "These are candy sticks. Pure sugar. And my card if you want to call me. And if you have to be taken away have the CPS call me. If you want I'll take care of you." I don't know why I was telling him this. I wasn't capable of taking care of a child, I mean, look at what happened to Eridan. "My name's Cronus." The kid smiled. "I'm Kyler."

(And it just keeps getting worse. Eh. Anyway please send your feedback and I'll see you in the next update. Bye!)