flowers make it better

Sollux's pov-

"I'll be back later Tuna. Try to get some fresh air." I said, walking to the front door. He waved his hand at me, without looking away from the tv. I grabbed the keys to Dad's car and walked out of the house. I walked to the car and got in. I started the car and backed out of the driveway. I was going to see Eridan. And I was going to really tell him how I feel about him. I've liked him ever since that day in middle school. He had to know exactly how I was feeling. And he had to know about everything that went down with Karkat and I. I just want him to know how much I love him.

Eridan's pov-

I sat up slowly in the hospital bed. Cronus had left a few hours ago to go to work. And he left Kyler with me. "Why do you seem so sad?" I looked over at the kid. He was sitting in a chair close to the bed, playing a small game boy. "Huh." He didn't look up from the game. "Why do you seem so sad?" I crooked my head to the side. I'm not sad. Am I? "I don't think I am." Kyler shook his head. "You are. I can tell." I sighed. Maybe I wasn't as happy as I could've been. But I was still a little upset about the relationship Sol had with Kar. I thought we had something going. I thought he liked me. I know after the party he said he thought he loved me, but that was just an influence of alcohol. And when they came here to see me, they still seemed pretty close, even though he was beside me when I woke up. It still didn't seem right.

"Okay, so tell me. Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?" Kyler has been asking questions for the last fifteen minutes. Name, age, grade, sexual orientation, Job, favorite color, show, movie, number, etc. Everything that he could think of. "No." I stated flatly, as a nurse came into the room. "You have a visitor Mr. Ampora, it's Sollux Captor." I gulped. What could Sol want this time. I nodded slowly. "Okay." Sollux walked in after the nurse left. He waved with one hand. "Hey ED, how you feeling?" In the other hand was a bouquet of flowers. They were my favorites, black Dahlias and purple tiger lilies. They didn't really go together, but it was still nice of him to remember my favorite flowers. He laid them on the window bed and walked over to a chair opposite of Kyler and sat down. "I'm okay. Ready to leave." He nodded. "Yeah." For some reason he seemed really fidgety. "Is there something wrong, Sol?" He shook his head. "Um, actually I need to tell you something." I looked over at Kyler. He was starring intently at his game. I sighed, looking back at Sollux. I was surprised he hadn't said anything about Kyler. "What is it Sol?" He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "Alright. First thing I have to tell you is, Karkat and I broke up." My eyes widened. "Really why?" He sighed. "We kinda weren't dating to begin with. I was trying to get over you and KK knew that, so he just humored me. He wanted me to be happy with someone that I actually liked. That's not to say that I don't like Karkat, but he's just my friend." Oh god, he's rambling. "The second thing I want to tell you is I like you. I really like you Eridan." He even used my first name. He never uses my first name. "I just want you to know, that what you did hurt. It hurt me, real bad. You were my best friend, and I guess first crush. And I didn't understand at first why you wouldn't answer my calls or texts or pesters but I had a feeling that it was just because I missed my friend. But then I realized that it was because I missed my crush. I missed having you around. I missed seeing your face. I missed hearing your voice and your laugh. I just missed you. And then you came back and I was surprised and angry that you couldn't tell me why you left or why you decided to come back. So, I just got upset and kissed KK and Cronus in front of you. And I didn't really mean to. I just want you more than anything. So I was wondering if you could give me a chance?" He looked up at me. Whoa, what the he'll did he just say to me? There was a lot to take in. Sollux got up from his chair and grabbed the flowers. He handed them to me. "I even bought flowers to make it better." I looked up at him. "Sol, I really don't know what to say. It's a lot to take in. I..." I let my voice fall as he grabbed my hand. "Please Eridan," There's my name again. "Give me a chance. Please." I sighed softly. I liked Sollux too, but I don't know if I could just give him a chance like that. I mean I did leave for three years and when I came back he was with Karkat. I looked down at the flowers in lap. "I guess we can give it a try." Sollux sat back down in the chair. " Thanks ED." I guess flowers do make things better.

(This was a really long chapter, but I think we are actually going some where with it. Please send your feedback and I'll see you in the next update. Bye!)