Morning birds (pt. 1)

John's pov-

In the the morning our small group of friends went in the mess hall. But we were missing two people. "Hey! Where's Sollux and Eridan?" I asked, taking a seat. "They're probably skipping out on us." Dave answered, sitting down next to me. "Nah. Sollux's isn't a morning person. If someone, meaning me or Mituna, doesn't wake him up, he isn't getting up." Karkat sat in front of Dave, picking at a grape from his tray. "What about Eridan?" Feferi skipped over to us. "Eridan is the same way! Although he does get up himself, he likes to sit in bed for a while. And he probably doesn't want to wake Shellux up." I nodded. "That makes sense. Still." Rose came down to us. "Are you analyzing something. I would love to help." I smiled at her. "I was just talking about Sollux and Eridan." She nodded. "Yes. I was wondering about them too." She picked up her fork and twirled it around in her hand. "They left the lake early last night and when we entered the mess hall yesterday afternoon they came in late." Dave spoke up. "Yeah. That's some flakey ads behavior even for fish bait and the honey bee." I rolled my eyes at him and continued to listen to Rose. The others began filling in the table. "It doesn't make much sense. Eridan has been a social butterfly since I can remember. And Sollux always has a quip for the conversation. For them to just hang back is weird." Nepeta added, "But fishface has been gone fur three years. Maybe Pawlux wants the fishy all to himself." We all turned to Nepeta. She looked up from her plate. "What?" I looked back at Rose. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" She nodded. "Operation Morning Bird: find out what's going on with Eridan and Sollux."

nowNeko @_@ Mew! Hope this was up to your expectations. Keep reading there's more to come!