Leaving 8th grade behind

Eridan's Pov-

        This is it. This is my time to shine. I'm going to ask Sollux out. Today. I've been preparing or this moment since the fifth grade. During our free period, I marched straight room 184. I knew that Sollux and Karkat usually hung out here. I opened up the door. "Get off Captor!" Karkat yelled. "Not until you take back what you said!" I covered my mouth to hold back a laugh. Sollux was sitting on Karkat's stomach. Karkat was trying to squirm out from under him. "Never! You know its true!" Sollux shook his head. "Not in a million years." He snickered. "You're really comfortable you know. I think I can take a nap right here." Sollux leaned back slightly. "Alright, alright! I take it back." Sollux stood up. "Now was that so hard?" Karkat scrambled to his feet. I smiled slightly before clearing my throat. The two turned to the doorway. "Oh hey ED." Sollux waved at me. Karkat walked past me. "Uh, I've gotta go. See ya Ampora, Captor." I nodded at his back. "See ya Kar." I looked back at Sollux. This my time.

        "What's going on ED?" Sollux asked, jumping up on a table. I looked down at the floor. Why was I getting nervous now. I had finally worked up the courage to ask Sollux out and now I was floundering. "Well, I uh..." I walked over to the table he was sitting on and climbed up onto it. "Yeah?" He bumped my shoulder with his. "Um, well. We've been friends for awhile now and well I uh..." I scrunched up, pulling my knees up to my chest. I looked up at him. I opened my mouth but no sound came out. I just leaned into him. "Hey, whats the matter?" He looked down at me. "I..." Oh glub it! I leaned into him until our lips meet. He pulled back at first but then he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me into him. After a few moments we pulled away. He pulled down his glasses. "Wow."

Sollux's Pov-

        Maybe Karkat was right. Maybe I do have a thing for Eridan. And maybe I was showing him that affection as we speak. "Wow." I spoke softly. Eridan looked up at me. His face was as red as a firetruck. He jumped off the table. "ED?" He looked down at the floor. "I uh.." he mumbled. He looked up at me before dashing out the door. I sighed. There was no use going after him. He'll talk when he wants too.

-time skip-

Eridan's pov-

Through out the resr of the day. All I could think about was Sollux. I walked home touching my lips. His were warm. I smiled, thinking that I had reached a tipping point. I was walking up the driveway when the front door of my house burst open. There stood my older brother Cronus. he was wearing his signature black leather jacket and black pants. "Pack your bags little gup. We're heading to Australia."

"We're going where?" I asked, marching into the doorway. "Dad's been reassigned. We're moving to Australia." I shook my head. There is no way. Why today of all days? "No. We can't. It's the middle of the session, I can't afford to miss school." I lied. I didn't want to leave. I just showed my feelings for Sollux and I was being taken away from him. I was using any excuse to stay. "Sorry. I can't do anything about it. We leave today and everything else in the house will be shipped later." I sighed. I guess there was nothing I could do.

(A/N: sorry for the long waist but here it is another chapter. I have no idea where to go from here. Should I add a chapter of the Ampora's in Australia or not? I don't know. Please send your feedback and I'll see you in the next update. Bye!)