Gone for good

Third person pov-

It's hard to believe that those two were telling Sollux lies the whole time. Both Karkat and Cronus. He knew by now that the Ampora's had moved out of their house and moved away. To where? Who knows? Eridan won't answer any his of calls or texts or messages on pesterchum. And if he does it isn't him, it's Cronus. He always asked where they were and why Eridan wouldn't answer him but he always got crap answers or lies. Sollux was tired of it. He just wanted to hear Eridan's voice again. He wanted to tell him that he missed him and that he loved him. Sollux just wanted him back here. Why did he have to leave? Why didn't he tell Sollux where he was going? It was all so confusing to him.

Karkat's pov-

Sollux hadn't been to school in four days. I wondered what was wrong with him. After school I walked to Captor's house. I needed to see what was wrong with my friend. I didn't bother knocking when I arrived. I knew that Sollux wouldn't answer, Mituna was probably at the Pyrope's hanging out with Latula and Psii wouldn't care that I was just showing up. He knew how close Sollux and I were. I marched straight through the Captor household. They really needed to start locking their doors. Anyone could just come in if they wanted. "Sollux, are you here?" I yelled, walking up the short flight of stairs that led to the second floor. There was no answer. I knew there wouldn't be. I don't know why I even bothered yelling for him. I continued walking through the second floor hallway. Where is he? I sighed, still looking for that lisping computer nerd. I thought he would be lying somewhere deep in his own misery. I knew he would most likely be in his room. In the attic. I sighed, fumbling for the ladder door to the attic. Why did he have to have his room up here? Was it for better wifi signal? I wouldn't know. Captor was just weird.

"Hey! Wake up you lazy sack!" I kicked Sollux's mattress as hard as I could. Which wasn't much since my legs weren't the strongest part of my small body. "Mh. Go away." He mumbled into a pillow. "Not until I see that beautiful face of yours." I said sarcastically. He was being difficult as usual. "Shut it Vantas. I don't need your scorn." He turned his head slightly until one of his eyes was open and facing me, The blue one that is. "You're almost there." He sighed, before rolling over completely and sitting up. "There we go. A beautiful fucking face that can brighten up anyone's day." He rolled his eyes. "Fuck you Vantas." He pushed a hand through his short brown hair. "What do you want?" I sat down on the wooden floor boards. "I wanted to make sure that you weren't dead. I haven't seen you in a while. I worry about you a lot." He nodded. "Yeah. I'm fine. Just..." He sighed. "I just wish ED was here. He's my best friend y'know." I sighed. I know I shouldn't say anything to him but... "Look, Eridan told me not to tell you this...." He cut me off. "You know something about ED?" I nodded. "Let me finish." I snapped at him. He nodded. "Anyway, he told me not to say anything to you, but I know that you are worried about him so I'll tell you this. The Ampora's had to move because of Dualscar's reassignment. They moved to Australia. I don't think they're coming back." He fell back against his bed. "Why couldn't he have told me? Why did he tell you?"  He turned his head to look at me. "And why did you lie to me? I looked like a psychopath when I went to the hospital looking for him. The nurse asked if I needed to renew my medication and up my dosage. It was embarrassing." I snorted. "Yeah, Sorry about that. Ampora was very adamant about it. Made me swear on my life that I didn't tell you." I ran a hand through my hair. "I guess it'll be okay. Yeah, I'm sure it will." I smiled up at him. Good.