- 30. Dhadkan²

Last

After veer got to know bani's health condition he was not able to move from the place. He didn't knew what was hurting him. He was already detached from the loved one. But now when slowly he wanted to move on but the fate was not supporting him. Why..? Was the only question he wanted to ask everybody.

It was three days since he got to know about her health. And it was that day that he met her.

Vani had not exchanged thier number too. No any specific reason but they never thought it was necessary.  But now since he was longing to meet her. It was hard for him to stay home.

In these two months he was also unknowingly cultivated that habit of going to the beach every evening. He continued going there. But the place they had spent was haunting him. Tapish was actually happy seeing veer change after 1½ year finally.  And he also knew somewhere the reason was bani.

Late in the evening. Veer came back home from the beach and Tapish encountered him with his questions.
Veer gave up and shared his sorrows.

T: mujhe pata tha ye baath. Meera ne bataya tha mujhe.

V:tapish..? Tumne mujhe kyu nai bataya..?

T: me kyu batou..? Aur tume kyu batou..? Meera aur me close hai. Friends hai. Um...may be more than just friends tho meera ne uski problem batayi. How will I share that.

V:ye mere sath hi aise kyu hota hai tapish..?

T: tum use pyaar karte ho..?

V:nai. Bilkul nai. Me meri.. wo..jaan.. uske alawa me kisi se pyaar nai karta. Kar bhi nai sakta..

T: tho tum kyu itna udas ho..?

Veer had no answers.

The days were passing.
That afternoon meera had called tapish.
Tapish was in the living room talking with meera on the call. As veer was in his room he had put the call on loud speakers.

T: kuch nai hoga meera sab kuch teek ho jayega.

M:nai tapish. Mujhe dar lagraha hai. 3 din se bohot weak hogayi hai. Pata nai kyu doctors bol rahe hai ki dawai asar nai kar rahe...(she sniffed)

T: tum..tum daro mat. Me ata hu hospital.

M:tapish..bani teek ho jayegi na..?

T: ha meera. Bani ko kuch nai hoga. Wo meri behen ki tarah hai. Nai meri behan hi hai. Me use kuch nai hone dunga. Me Ara hu abhi.

M: nai. Tum rehene do. Jab se wo hospital me hai tum roz arahe ho. It's ok.

T: it's not ok. Me araha hu.

Veer heard this.

V: what the hell. Wo. Wo hospital me hai. Aur mujhe pata bhi nai chala. Aur tapish. Tapish ne bhi nai bataya mujhe. - he thought

He didn't know that he was getting effected by her. But he didn't wanted to name it. He thought doing this is like cheating his JAAN.

As usual veer had went to the beach. But today. He was not ok at all. Not even for a second he was away from bani's thoughts. He came back home and he saw tapish was rushing somewhere.

V:tapish.. tapish..(he held his elbow) kaha jaraha hai bhai tu. Itni had badi me.

T: wo bani.  Bani serious hai. Meera ko meri zaroorat hai. Bani. Ko meri zaroorat hai. Me jaraha hu. Bye.