- 38. Hum Tum

One shot

Plot: Veer and Bani working in same office and veer being arogent but still has that innconce. Bani had feeling for him. He too like her but not sure about the other side.
                  He was stuck with the false alligations of leaking the private company data's with the rivals. He had to prove that and seeked help from his colleague Bani. And Bani was more than happy to help him.

***

It was in the evening when the office staff had left after accusing Veer for leaking the information of the company. And his eyes were searching for that almond shaped eyes for help. But, alas. She was gone. They had a good friendship between them. May be a little more than just friendship. But whatever they had was beautiful. But focussing back on the problem he knew only she believed him that he is innocent and not guilty.

Thankfully the board members had given him the dead line of 24 hours to prove himself.

***

It was in the dead night, the clock reading twenty past eleven. After all the thinking he finally decided to go for it.

He took his bike keys and rode towards her home. Again debating between should he call her or no, he finally dailed her number.

V: call kyu nai uta rahai hai ye ladki. Yaar veer, almost barah baj rahe hai. So Rahi hogi.

Looking on the screen that read the time eleven forty two.

V: par kya karu. Phirse karu kya ? Aur koi option bhi tho nai hai. I know she believes in me.

Debating his own two minds he dailed again.

V:oh thank God! So Rahi thi kya..?

B: nai national geographic channel pe dek rahi hu ek bandar phone kar raha hai kisi ko. Wahi dekh rahi thi.

V: very funny. Ek minute did you just call me bandar..?

B: ha ha. Happy late realisation.

Sarcastically she replied.

B: kya hai.

Getting up and sitting irritated.

V: as if tume nai pata.

B: pata hai na. Raat bohot ho chuki hai. So good night.

V: uhhh. Bani. Mujhe help chahiye.

B: oh ek minute. I heard it wrong.

Rubbing her earhole with her index finger.

V: yaar drama mat karo abhi jaldi ajaou.

B: did I hear a request? I don't think so.

She shrugged.

V: please.

Defeated.

B: sorry..?

V: Sweetheart please yaar. You know meri galti nai hai. Soft target ban chuka hu. Please help.

B: Now don't sweetheart me. Aa Rahi hu. Wait.