- 45. Ties That Bind - 6

Chapter 6: A New Beginning

_______________

The day was about to mark a significant turning point in Bani and Veer's journey as they embrace a new beginning in their relationship. Their determination to create a life together that blends tradition and modernity, while also inspiring others to challenge societal norms surrounding arranged marriages.

It was a day before their marriage, finally the day, the past two weeks were passed like just a blink of an eye, most of it was spent on shopping and other things like. Mehek, Dehek and Vanshi were accompanied by her side always, be it for shopping or for the parlor. This and that, everything that they couldn't deny for them to follow her.

The day was full of nervousness and 'what ifs' running in her mind, it was the afternoon when she felt overwhelmed. Bani walked into the kitchen, her hands smelled of the henna she applied last night at her mehendi function, she was now currently dressed in a typical house clothes, plain, grey, round collared t-shirt and a non-matching blue patiyala pants of some chudidar whose top wasn't used.

Typical Indian thinking, use until it's unusable!

She searched for her mom, who was in the kitchen directing Dehek who was on the kitchen slab standing to find some dibba kept over the counter which had some necessary stuffs required for the wedding.

P: array wo nai Dehek, Dekho brown colour Ka hoga,

D: yaar tayiji, brown colour Ka hi tho Diya hai, wo Dekho niche,

P: wahi tho, ye nai, dusra, Dekh.

Before she could say anything further she felt herself engulfed in a back hug, she smiled.

P: Chikki?

*Click*

Mehek!

D: Tu camera chod ke Kuch kaam Kar na, sab me karu?

M: ha tho kaam hi karahi Hu, capturing the moments,

She lifted her imaginary collar, rest of their bickerings just faded away as Puneet turned to her daughter as she felt wetness on her shoulders,

P: kya hua beta?

B: I don't know, mujhe nai karni Shaadi please,

P: array! Idar aa,

She dragged her daughter to a little quiter place away from the hustle.

P: hua kya?

B: mujhe nai pata mamma, mujhe dar lagra hai! What if hum dono mingle nai ho paye tho? Aur mujhe apke Bina.. I don't want to please.

Puneet instead of conveniencing her she just dragged her into her embrace, for all she knew what her daughter was exactly going through. The fear of leaving your parents and trying to adjust with the new family, with A husband you barley know, with all the freedom that you grown up would be somewhere lost with the new responsibilities.

P: Mera bacha, I know! Asan nai hoga, par mushkil bhi nai hoga beta, you already like Veer, and Vanshi bhi itni achi bachi hai, and Chandra ji tho abhi se itna pyaar kar rahe hai tume, tho? Time de khud ko, and nervous math ho, abhi unke yehan haldi chalri hai abhi ati hi hogi dhule ka utra hua haldi jaldi se tayar hojaou.

M: tayiji... Haldi Ghar se Nikal chuki hai,

P: lo hamari khabri be bhi bata Diya!

Bani chuckled,

M: Acha ha, anuty ne kaha ki wo organic haldi hai, Kuch nai hota,

Bani was looking at her with the question mark.