- 37. Karvachout

Plot: Veer and Bani married. An arranged marriage it was basically. Bani was not yet ready for the marriage but the last wish for her dadi who was on the death bed made a wish and they had this simple wedding with family. And few days after she lost her dadi forever. And she finally accepted this marriage was the good decision. At least for her dadi she made it. Veer was a nice man. Man with good culture and gentlemenly behaviour. She needed time and he gave that. And hid himself that he had already fallen for those angelic eyes at the very first time.

***

Bani was greatful to veer as he was ok with the sudden simple wedding. With being the only child for his parents. He kept all that aside and walked to the temple and got married.

It was nearly two months for their wedding but Bani was still in the trauma of accepting the situation.

He had happily given that space for her. But what he didn't understand was, she needed his support, not his space. But not the less she kept it up. And smiled.

It was the festival of "karvachout" and the first ever festival after their marriage.

Veer's mom insisted her to keep the vrath if she was ok. She had just nodded and didn't utter a single word.

When she was back into the room. Veer was lying on his side of the bed while she sat at the dressing table taking of her jewelleries.

He came and sat on the ground beside her. Taking her hand in his helping her to get rid of her bangles. He took her left hand in his.

" Varth mat rakho" not meeting her eyes.

She looked at him with the expression of question mark on the face.

With not getting any response he looked at her.

"Matlab. Agar tume nai karna hai tho mat karo. Nobody will force you" he took the other hand in his continuing the work sincerely.

"Or me kyu nai karna chahungi Veeranshu" she asked battling.

"Tume karna hai?"

"Why not?"

"I was just. Varth mat rakho. Just puja karlo"

"Kyu veeranshu?"

"Umm..wo mujhe tume bhuka rehete nai dekh sakta. Please"

"Veer" she held his wrist as he got up to move.

"Mujhe karna hai. I want to do it. And thank you"

"For?"

"Everything."

***

After the whole day when it was time to break the fast all the ladies went to the terrace with all the puja items that they need.

They did all the rituals. And the husbands made their wife to drink water and made them eat sweet.

While veer was doing the same. After she had she held his hand and took the water glass from him and made him drink.

"Tume varth rakhne ki zarurat nai thi veer..anshu"

"Nai Bani me ne.."

"Hmm. Isi liye suba se ghayab the, khana khane me itna reasons de rahe the. I know. And thank you. But you didn't have to." Feeding him the sweet she said.

"Me ne kaha tho tumne mana nai. So I thought ki bechare pet ko bhi rest chahiye. Aise hi sahi" he chuckled.

"Chale?" Bani asked looking around as she found nobody there.

"Bani. Your ok na. With us. I mean marriage "

"Ha kyu..?"

"You seem to bhi off. I thought kahai zabardasti -"

She cut him short and spoke "Nahi Veeranshu. Aisa nai hai. You are a good man. I like you. But the sudden things that my mind needed time to accept."

"You like me?"

"Yes. I do. But I wasn't sure about you. Par tumne meri dadi ke liye apne sapne chod diye. That touched. And all the happenings. It was hard to digest."

"Hmm. Chale ab?"

"Haa. Ek minute " bani stood close to him and kissed his cheek. "Thank you for everything, this, a sweetdish for you may be" she smiled shyly and walked.

Before she walked away he held her. "Thank you. I thought you needed time that's why.."

"I needed you Veer. But that's ok. I'm still ok with the things going its way. Don't worry. We are good. And really."

"What?"

"I like you"

"I like you too. I had fallen long back for your eyes. And today I fell. Yet again. More deeply" he kissed her forehead. They both walked down.

Small simple that was there in mind. But could not write it away. With the response I received with the last update boosted my confidence and so here it is.

Don't forget to vote and please do share your thoughts.

And if you want any specific story line or plot you want me to write, do comment. I'll try to write them.

Love
- Author ❤