Varanavarth

In the previous chapter :
Dritarastra's shocking proposal! Draupadi's decision!!

Present :

As the three families (pandu, panchal, dwarika) were talking to each other happily, a messenger enters inside carrying a letter for Maharaj Pandu.

'Maharaj Pandu, there's letter for you from Maharaj Dritarastra', said the messenger. He hands over the letter to Maharaj pandu and goes from there.

Pandu reads and re-reads the letter and closes the letter.

'what is there in the letter Arya', kunthi asked.

'the letter says that me all of us (pandu family) have got a invitation to visit varanavarth and attend the Pooja taking place there for our welfare. We have to stay there for a few days for the pooja, and a man named purochan and his family will be there to cater our needs', pandu said and Kunthi, Madri and the 6 pandavas nodded.

'when should we start the journey Arya?', Madri asked.

'tomorrow itself Madri', pandu said.

Krishna smiles sadly seeing all this. Adwika, Draupadi and Sahadev were getting negative vibes. Suddenly, Draupadi closes her eyes and mutters something subconsciously.

'what you see is bnot always true. Every white substance cannot be milk. If doubts arise, don't leave it till it is completely clear... When you can't travel on ground, remember, you will be safe underground', Draupadi muttered subconsciously, gaining everyone's attention. All were confused about what Draupadi was speaking except Krishna.

'Drau, what are you saying?', Devika asked but, Draupadi was still in a trance.

Seeing her not reply, Valandhara, who was sitting next to her, gave her a little nudge to bring her back to full consciousness.

'yes jiji?', she looked at Valandhara who points at Devika.

'yes Devika jiji?', said Draupadi.

'what were you just speaking about Drau?', Devika asked and Draupadi looked at her as if she has grown horns.

'I spoke? What did I speak jiji? I didn't speak anything... Did I?', said Draupadi. Now, everyone else were looking at her as if she had grown horns on her head. But then, they thought it's due to stress and tiredness, and shrugged it off. But, Draupadi, Adwika, Arjun and Karn were lost thinking about this.

The next day, while leaving, Krishna gives a white rat to Nakul and asks him to take care of the rat. Nakul happily accepted it as he is a animal lover.

After a long travel of the day, the pandu family reaches varanavarth and complete the pooja. Then, the family decides to take some rest and went up to the palace. As they entered the palace, they found it very strange as there were no lights or lamps inside the castle.  the moonlight was the only source of light to the palace. And even more strange was that the kitchen was located outside the palace.

Seeing a this, doubts in the pandavas and Adwika's mind were piling up one by one.

The next day, went in exploring the city and by the time they returned, it was already dinner time. Bheem was feeling hungry so, he decided to go and check if the dinner is ready or not. He drags Sahadev along too. As both Bheem and Sahadev entered the kitchen, located outside the palace, they both noticed purochan adding a green colored liquid into the kheer (a sweet dish).

'what are you adding to the kheer purochan?', asked Bheem, making purochan and his wife jump in their places in fear.

'n.. nothing rajkumar, it's just a... liquid extracted from the flowers, which will enhance the taste and aroma of the kheer, and its very good for h.. health', purochan stuttered and Bheem seemed to have buyed his words but, Sahadev wasn't convinced completely.

'okay... As long as it does not spoil the taste of the kheer, it's alright', said Bheem and purochan nodded.

'don't worry rajkumar, it's tasteless, it won't affect the taste of the kheer', said purochan.

'is the dinner ready?', asked Sahadev.

'yes rajkumar, the dinner is ready and it will be served on five minutes', said purochan.

'okay, make it quick', said Bheem. They were about to exit but, Sahadev stopped and went back to purochan once again.

'can I have a bowl of kheer?', he asked purochan. Purochan nodded and gave him a bowl full of kheer. Then, Bheem and Nakul exited from there.

'why did you ask for kheer Sahadev? You don't eat before dinner right?', asked Bheem.

'yes Brata Bheem, you're right. But this is not for me. This is for Nakul's rat', Sahadev said and Bheem nodded.

'Sahadev, I'm going to the dinner hall directly. You bring the rest of them', Bheem said and Sahadev nodded and went back to their common room where the rest of the pandavas and Adwika were. As he entered, he saw everyone talking freely and gave the kheer to Nakul, for his rat. Nakul kept it in front of his rat but, it struggled to get out of his grip and run away, refusing to eat the kheer.

'let it go Nakul. I think it's trying to tell us something', said Arjun. Nakul immediately let the rat go.

The rat ran towards a pillar and all the others followed it. What they saw, made them all shocked. They saw the pillar melting slowly. Arjun and Karn bent down and picked up some melted portion and smelt it.

'what is it bratashrees?', asked Nakul.

'it's LAC (WAX)', Arjun and Karn exclaimed angrily.

'what?', the others asked them in shock.

'yes, it's a wax palace. If it gets into fire, within 3 hours, the whole palace would be down into ashes', said Arjun.

'yes. This palace is made of highly flammable substances like dry grass, dry straw, ghee dry twigs, wax and many more', said Karn.

'but who would do this?', yudhishir asked.

'who else... Mamashree Shakuni, Duryodhan and Dusshasan', said Karn angrily.

'but if they do so too, Brata Arjun can put off the fire in a jiffy. They know it too. For the one who can easily put off a big forest fire in a jiffy using his varuna astra wouldn't struggle doing it here right?', said Nakul.

'Absolutely right. But see there, the rat is dead after eating the kheer', said Adwika, pointing at the dead rat.

'This means the kheer is POISONED! I bet this is a master plan of mamashree (uncle) Shakuni. He planned it well. He thought he could poison all of us and once we were almost dead, he would burn us alive in this palace', said Arjun, joining all the dots.

'where is mamashrees? Pitashree? And Bheem?', asked Karn.

'oh no... They all are at the dining room already. We need to stop them before they consume anything', said Sahadev.

Listening to this, all of them started running towards the dining room.

PROMO:
Guess it😆😆

Do vote!

Do comment!

Stay safe and stay happy always!

With Love,
Krishi Rathode ❤❤