DIVISION OF THE KINGDOM

In the previous chapter:
The Pandu family arrive at Hastinapur! Some ArDi and KarNika moments!!

The next day, everyone of the royal family were summoned to the royal court, early in the morning. Shakuni, Dhritarastra, Duryodhan and Dusshasan had a huge smirk on their faces. Seeing this, the pandavas knew that there's something bad going to happen.

Once everyone were there, the sabha was about to get started. The royal men got seated in their respective places and the royal women stood in the balcony of the sabha, witnessing everything.

'the sabha is to decide the crown prince of Hastinapur!', declared Dhritarastra.

'but Karn is here now! What is the need of it?  When the first crown prince is alive, the second one doesn't come in count', reasoned Bhishma.

'but-', Dhritarastra was about to tell something but Duryodhan interrupts him.

'okay, I agree with him and, I'm ready to leave the throne but, first answer my questions brata Karn..... If you were alive, then why didn't you return back? why didn't you handle your responsibilities of being a crown Prince all these days? Why were you running away from your responsibilities? Why were you hiding?', Duryodhan asked with a evil smirk.

'hmm... Don't you know the reason Duryodhan! Well, I'll let it pass because, I bet the whole court knows the answer to your questions but they are not admitting it confidently. Isn't it Gandhar Raj Shakuni', Karn said loudly with a smirk. Duryodhan and Shakuni's faces paled that instant.

'w..what d..do you mean putr..... Karn?', Shakuni stammered due to fear.

'Well, you know what I mean very well... But, if you wanna hear it from my mouth itself, then I won't disappoint you. Let me itself tell everyone the reason for our disappearance...', Karn said boldly, sending shivers to everyone in the court except his family.

'what do you have to tell brata Karn? We know everything', Dusshasan tried to sound brave but, failed miserably.

'I will tell Dusshasan, have some patience.... So the reason for the disappearance of the Pandu family is because, Gandhar Raj Shakuni and Rajkumar Duryodhan had planned to burn us all alive in the lac palace built by one of their dirty followers. But, we sensed the trap and escaped from there', Karn said and took a deep breath to continue. 'We didn't return back because we were feeling like we were betrayed by our own family, not once but, multiple times by now... We all were fed up with these royal conspiracies and dramas and our mothers wanted us to live in a safe environment until everything settles back in place'.

The whole court was silenced by his words and everyone except his family were taken aback with his straight forwardness and bravery. His truly loved ones loved this but, not all did but, Karn cared nothing about them.

'Whatever it is... You didn't return back and that's what matters... I'm not gonna buy your excuses now. You can't be the crown prince of Hastinapur anymore... My decision is final! We are going to divide the kingdom. Putr Karn! You, Pandu and your brothers go and decide the place you want', Dhritarastra declared. Pandu let out a dry chuckle to himself, witnessing the clear bias of his elder brother who he valued the most.

'Okay Maharaj, I abide to your decision. But, I need to know my whole family's opinion before I decide anything. So, permit us to go and decide the matter. We'll meet you once we have taken the decision', Karn said firmly.

'What is the need to take the opinion of the ladies putr Karn? Ladies are fit for only the kitchen and handling the family, not royal matters and warfare', Shakuni said in a honey coated manipulative voice. The pandu family clenched their fist in anger listening to him.

'Gandhar Raj Shakuni! Mind your words and let me tell you all of the women of Pandu family is expertised in a warfare skill and coming to warfare knowledge and royal matters, then let me enlighten you that my wife Adwika and my sister Draupadi, both of them are skilled warrior princesses, known for their bravery, courage and skills all over the aryavarth. They are the warrior princesses trained by Maharshi Vasishta himself. Mind me, they can easily separate your head from your body, with a single strike, so better keep your words in check and yaa, neither me nor my brothers are the ones who will come into your manipulative words so, try your luck on someone else', Karn said strongly and Shakuni stepped back in fear. Before any anyone can further speak, Dhritarastra spoke.

'okay, permission granted. Will meet sure after 3 hours', Dhritarastra said and dismissed the court.

The Pandu family went to their common chamber, locked the doors and settled down in privacy. They were sitting around a big table with a map of Hastinapur on the table.

'what is your choice kids?', Pandu asked his sons and daughter in laws.

'no idea yet pitashree... What is your and matas opinion?', they asked.

'well, to be honest, I had predicted that something like this will definitely happen... But now, the point is that we should select pin point some places', Pandu said, Kunti and Madri agreed to his words. Everyone were staring at the map, thinking of suitable places.

'umm... I have a place in mind. I mean type of...', Adwika spoke, breaking the silence.

'what is it?', asked everyone curiously.

'I Don't know where it is but I remember gurudev telling us about a place named Khandavprast in Hastinapur, which is barren from years and is now a place occupied by magical snakes... why don't we ask for that?', Adwika suggested.

'but why that place putri?', asked Kunti and Madri.

'because by that, we can prove our capacity and valour to the whole aryavart and we can get that easily because Maharaj won't deny it', Adwika shared her point of view with everyone and all liked her idea and said that they were up with it except Draupadi, who was deep in her thoughts, looking at the map.

'what happened Drau? You didn't like my idea?', Adwika asked Draupadi but there was no response. Adwika sighed knowing that her sister is somewhere lost in thoughts. The others noticed it too.

'Priye... What are you thinking about?' Arjun asked, shaking her shoulders a bit, bringing her out of her trance.

'huh- wh.. what happened?', Draupadi asked, looking completely clueless and  everyone chuckled at her cuteness and explained her Adwika's idea.

'that is truly brilliant dii. Infact I was thinking of the same... And I too have a suggestion', Draupadi said.

'what is it?', everyone asked curiously.

'The division of the kingdom is happening in a very unfair way... Hastinapur is a very big Kingdom and, the king asking the first crown prince to choose only a part is very much unfair... So, I was thinking, why not ask the 4 surrounding places of Khandavprast too... Two are big places and two are small places... With that, we'll have quite a good space for our kingdom. They can't even deny is because, they are being unfair', Draupadi suggested and all liked her idea.

'but will Maharaj agree? I am sure that Duryodhan and Gandhar Raj Shakuni will definitely oppose this and eventually, Maharaj would support them only', Arjun voiced out his concern.

'exactly my point', Karn supported him.

'Leave it on me kids, I'll handle it. Now that we have decided the places we want, I'll make sure we get it and this time, noone can stop me', Pandu said in a determined voice.

PROMO:
The division of the kingdom!!

Hey guys,

How was the chapter?

Liked it?

Excited for the next chapter?

Do vote ❣️

Stay safe and stay happy always 😃

With Love,
Krishi Rathode ❤️

MY DESTINED LOVEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें