An Invitation to the Game of Dice

In the previous chapter:
Indraprastha!! 

It had been three years since Indraprastha had been a independent kingdom, the most powerful kingdom of aryavarth. Duryodhan, Shakuni and Dhritarastra were seething in anger and jealousy seeing the flourishment of Indraprastha.

The pandavas were now leading a peaceful and happy life with their family, which now includes their kids. Yes, kids. Karn and Adwika had two kids, Aditya and Vikram. Yudhistir and Devika had one kid Prativindhya. Bheem and Valandhara had two kids Ghatotkach. Arjun and Draupadi had two kids, Abhimanyu and Babruvahan. Nakul and Karenumati had one child, Shantanika. Sahadev and Vijaya had one child, Shrutasena. Pandu, Kunti and Madri were happy with their children, DILs and grandchildren.

One day, an invitation had come to Indraprastha from Hastinapur. It was an invitation to a family reunion and a 'friendly' game the game of dice.

*In pandavas common room*

'I think matas and pitashree won't be able to accompany us as they all have went to visit Kuntibhoj', Karn informed.

'Ohh, but is it necessary for all of us to go there jyeshth (big brother)... I am not having a good feeling about this', Arjun voiced out his worries.

'I second you Arjun/Arya', said Adwika and Draupadi in unison and grinned at eachother for their timings.

'We have the same feeling', said the rest of teh family members.

'I agree with all of you. But, we cannot reject their invitation too, as it is a friendly invitation from family, they would take it as an insult and create unwanted ruckus', Karn explained. They nodded with a sigh.

The next morning, everyone were ready to depart to Hastinapur. Adwika and Draupadi said that they'll join the others after a while as they have to visit their guruji and Gurumaa immediately and urgently today. Surprisingly, the kids had also been sent to Dwarika as adviced by krishna.

As the chariots of Karn, Arjun, Yudhistir-Devika, Nakul-Karenumati, Sahadev-Vijaya departed, the two sisters also made their way to the gurukul of Maharshi Vasishta.

*In the gurukul*

The two sisters were warmly welcomed by their Gurumaa. The three of them were continuously chatting with eachother when, Draupadi started feeling dizzy and suddenly faints. Seeing Draupadi faint, Adwika also faints suddenly.

Gurumaa got worried about the two sisters who were like her daughters and immediately called for vaidhya jii (doctor) and guruji Vasishta.

The vaidhya immediately came and checked the two girls while guru ji and Gurumaa were waiting outside worriedly and impatiently. Once the vaidhya jii came outside, the elder couple immediately went to her.

'What happened to them vaidya ji?', asked guru ji.

'Are they alright now? Why did they faint suddenly?', asked Gurumaa.

'Its a good news guru maa, both the rajkumaris are expecting a child', the vaidhya jii said and went away. Both guru ji and Gurumaa were very happy for their daughter like students.

After a while, both the sisters gained back their consciousness and looked around in confusion. At the same time, guru ji and Gurumaa came in with a everlasting smile.

'Guru ji... Gurumaa, what had happened to us?', they asked in confusion.

'Congradulations to the again to be mothers my darlings', Gurumaa said with a pleasant smile.

'Thank you Guru maa', the sisters chimed.

Later, both the sisters spent some time talking to their Guruji and Gurumaa. Gurumaa made sure that the sisters have their Lunch there itself before they depart to Hastinapur.

*In Hastinapur*

The pandavas and the four fire princesses got a grand welcome to Hastinapur but, none of them were getting positive vibes from their surroundings.

They had their lunch with the Hastinapur royals and at last, Shakuni, Duryodhan and Dhritarastra gave the pandavas an invitation to the game of dice.

Karn was about to oppose it but, yudhishthir said it would not be good to reject a king's invitation as it would show them disrespect. Karn finally agreed but refused to play the game and asked Yudhistir to do it. Yudhistir agreed.

Duryodhan's POV
Yes!! Our plan is working! Mamashree was right, these pandavas fell in our trap. Now, I'll snatch everything from them. Their kingdom, wealth, and even their wifes. I'll make those 6 princesses my daasis.
POV ENDS

On the other side,
Draupadi and Adwika were preparing for their journey towards Hastinapur. They were excited to break the news to Arjun and Karn respectively, and even their family. They were very happy, unknown to the huge storm coming towards them.

PROMO:
Dyut sabha!!

Hey guys,

How was the chapter?

Liked it?

Excited for the next chapter?

What do you think would happen next?

I'll possibly give a double update today 😃😃

Do vote ❣️

Stay safe and stay happy always 😃

With Love,
Krishi Rathode ❤️