THE GRAND SWAYAMVAR

In the previous chapter:
The Panchal-Dwarika siblings learn that the Pandu family are alive.

The news of the Swayamvar spread in all parts of the aryavarth. Many kings and crown princes of various kingdoms were invited. The whole Panchal and Dwarika kingdom were grandly decorated. As the Swayamvar was taking place in Panchal, the kings and crown princes started arriving at Panchal. The news of the fire princesses Swayamvar, had even reached the Pandu family, which made the five younger pandavas very sad. This was clearly seen on their faces, the others were also feeling sad for them.

'I think you five along with Karn should attend the Swayamvar', Pandu suggested the five younger pandavas.

'yes, we agree with Arya', Kunti and Madri supported Pandu's words.

'But we are in the disguise of brahmins... And only the kings and crown princes are allowed to participate in the Swayamvar', Arjun exclaimed sadly.

'So what? Don't forget that you all are the princes of Hastinapur. And moreover, brata Krishna would definitely be present there and I'm sure that he'll help you all to participate', explained Adwika, in a single breathe.

'Yeah, Adwika is right. Krishn will definitely show us a way, for you guys to participate in the Swayamvar', said Karn.

Back in the royal palace of Panchal, the Swayamvar hall was very grandly decorated. It was a big arena with five different fields.

*The day of Swayamvar*

Maharaj Vasudev, Maharaj Drupad, Maharani Devaki, Maharani Mahima, Krishna, Rukmini, Balram, Revati, Tejveer, Tara and Dhristadyumn were seated on their royal thrones which were placed at a height from the others and the arena. The kings and crowned princes were also seated in their respective seats and the audience were sitting in their places.

Then after a while, the fire princesses entered in, looking eternal, just like a goddess, who descended from heaven. Some of the kings and crown princes were staring with lust and obsession, and some with respect. The princesses didn't even glance at them and went to the arena which will decide their future husband, bowed down taking its blessings, then they did namaskar to the kings, crown princes and people who were present there and went to the royal arena, where their family were seated and sat next to them. Once everyone got settled, the 4 brothers stood up from their places and greeted all the kings, crown princes and common people.

'Me, the crown prince of Panchal, have set the task of Devika. The one who wants to marry my sister must bring down the spear hanging freely in the air with the help of a rope, in only one try. Then, he must throw the spear at the aim placed far away. The one who succeeds to get a perfect aim will be qualified. Then if he would be able to answer my sister Devika's question, then he would win her hand... But beware... The rope will reach the spear only if it finds the person truthful and honest. The one who can successfully bring it down should be loyal and also free from all kinds of greed. The one who can make a perfect aim is the one who is focussed and determined', explained Tejveer.

'Me, Mahamahim Balram of Dwarika, have set up the task of sister Valandhara. The one who wants to marry her must lift up the mace placed in middle of the arena and defeat 30 well trained mace fighters. But remember, the mace can be lifted up only by the person who doesn't have any greed, lust and hunger for wealth', said Balram.

'Me, Vasudev Krishna, have set up the task of my dear sister Draupadi. The one who wishes to marry her must lift the bow placed in the arena, string it and with only one arrow, aim at the moving fish's eye in the sky, by looking at it's reflection in the water. Remember, a person who is confident about his skills and knowledge can only be able to lift the bow, a person who does not have greed and lust can only be able to string it, and the one who can perfectly aim at the fish's eye is a great archer obviously', explained Krishna.